OK, going to ask you ladies

Sherlock

Reaction score
and in case you don't want to admit to doing it publicly, I'll make it a poll so you can remain Anonymous :lol:

But if you want to answer here and erm, share, then feel free :D

Me - I'm on the Yes side of the fence. And it seems to be erm, improving things down there already :shock: So got to keep at it daily but I'm hoping it'll help when the time comes and Biff baby arrives :lol: Blooming uncomfy but then its supposed to be :shock:

dont fit any of your poll categories - did it with first but having had 3 things are pretty stretched down there anyway now so dont feel the need - had a huge episiotomy with my first as needed emergency forceps as heartbeat was dropping - never healed quite right but baby 2 and 3 popped out nicely without even a tear and number 3 was 9lb3 so not little

from when I was working (used to be a doctor) can remember patients who had tried it with great success but dont know any definite trial stats - worth a try though I reckon - anything for an easier recovery :)

Yep we're doing it here too. Have been since about 35 weeks. It was very very uncomfortable at first and it made me stressed thinking I wouldn't be able to cope with medical people fiddling with my bits if it hurt so much when my OH did.

We persevered though - we play my hypnobirthing music and I do breathing exercises through it. It is not so unbareable now, so things must be stretching! Even if I tear (Biff baby on the way too) at least I wll be used to the sensation of someone pulling around down there in a non romantic fashion!! :rotfl:

was going to do it but never got round to it and i think its a bit to late to start now,
hubby does keep offering to do it though :roll:
manda xx

I haven't done it, didn't the first time either. I only had a small tear the first time which didn't need stitches, but then James was only 5lb 15oz!

I think it's more down to lazyness why I haven't done it, rather than being grossed out by it. I'd have a real job to reach down there as well. I can't see my OH wanting to do it for me, he's a bit grossed out by my lady bits at the moment! I think the thought of the plug falling out has put him off! :lol:

I can't reach and OH looked at me like I was mental when I asked him so nope... :rotfl:

I think OH's have to get a bit brave :lol: Most of us can't reach ourselves so alas someone else has too...... :rotfl:

I don't know if my OH has the self restraint to keep his oiled up fingers on my perinium (sp?) and it's the unsexiest thing I can possibly think of!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i havent done it yet, i intended to have a go but keep bottling out of it :oops: :oops:

when are you supposed to start?

I can't reach myself.

OH did do it a few times. I found it quite uncomfortable, which scared me a bit lol.

That was weeks ago, haven't done it since. Def too late now!!

It isn't in the least bit romantic or sexy. OH and I make loads of silly/crude jokes about it. On an evening OH will often say "Is it time for me to prod your -insert silly euphamism here-" It makes us laugh and feel less embarrassed about the whole thing.

It is odd, but it does make me feel closer to him as he is so invloved in the pregnancy/birthing process and wants to help.

BeckyJ said:
i havent done it yet, i intended to have a go but keep bottling out of it :oops: :oops:

when are you supposed to start?

I was told around 35 weeks. I started last week.

Its actually not as bad as it sounds. It is pretty uncomfortable to begin with, which is the good thing as its an indication you are doing it right. After a week or so of daily (or twice daily) massages you notice a difference. Then just a case of keeping going with it till LO arrives.

laracomps said:
I can't reach myself.

OH did do it a few times. I found it quite uncomfortable, which scared me a bit lol.

That was weeks ago, haven't done it since. Def too late now!!

Awwww, if it was uncomfy then chances are he was doing it right and it was working. I found the first couple of times really felt like a stinging, burning sensation and it was far from pleasant. I was wincing I can tell you :roll: :shock: :lol:

Happybunny said:
It isn't in the least bit romantic or sexy. OH and I make loads of silly/crude jokes about it. On an evening OH will often say "Is it time for me to prod your -insert silly euphamism here-" It makes us laugh and feel less embarrassed about the whole thing.

It is odd, but it does make me feel closer to him as he is so invloved in the pregnancy/birthing process and wants to help.

Nope its not :lol: But like you I also feel its a way our OH's can get involved. And as I pointed out to him, if it makes things easier for me (and therefore him) when it comes time for Bump to arrive it can only be a good thing.

inforabumpyride said:
:oops:

what difference can you notice?!

Erm, how to explain... it feels more stretchy I am told. Pliable. Whereas to start with it wasn't. But the good old extra virgin olive oil (the irony was not missed by my OH there :lol: ) and the massage really do seem to be making a difference. It isn't the most pleasant of things to do, but once you do it a few times you get past it. I've been told it really does help so am prepared to try it until LO arrives.

I tried it and found it quite sore :shock: but intend to give it another go soon. May need some help as reaching getting a bit difficult :oops:
used extra virgin olive oil but was a bit irritating...what are you all using?

Teej said:
used extra virgin olive oil but was a bit irritating...what are you all using?

Using the same and having no problems. As its inside I don't find the oil a problem.

Almond oil is supposed to be good also.

We decided to keep our posh extra virgin oil for the pasta and salads, we just use our plain olive oil that we use for everyday cooking.

You definately tell that it is working because things do feel much more pliable and comfortable, as Sherlock said.

Im trying but its quite hard to reach though. I find it really painful too....very worrying :shock: I have been using Evening Primrose Oil and massaging the rest on my Cervix, its not reccomneded until 36 weeks but hey ho. Il ask OH to give it a go later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back