OK, going to ask you ladies

Tillytots said:
Im trying but its quite hard to reach though. I find it really painful too....very worrying :shock: I have been using Evening Primrose Oil and massaging the rest on my Cervix, its not reccomneded until 36 weeks but hey ho. Il ask OH to give it a go later

U've been massaging your cervix??

I tried the p.massage... but.... found it a bit strange as my nails get in the way..... i don't think I'm doing it right....?? :think:

SuziQ said:
Tillytots said:
Im trying but its quite hard to reach though. I find it really painful too....very worrying :shock: I have been using Evening Primrose Oil and massaging the rest on my Cervix, its not reccomneded until 36 weeks but hey ho. Il ask OH to give it a go later

U've been massaging your cervix??

I tried the p.massage... but.... found it a bit strange as my nails get in the way..... i don't think I'm doing it right....?? :think:

well rubbing the EPO on my cervix yes.

Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labor. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (36 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg
capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also.

from here

http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/ar ... g0007.html

I had NO idea that I should be able to reach it....
Don't er... u snag your insides with your nails? I don't have talons... but don't wish to be getting my cervix with them... in case I rip it... if this is at all posible... :think:

I am not making any sense? Or am i?
These last few weeks... my pregnancy brain has taken over.. and left me a babbling idiot!! :lol:

x

LOL

I only knew I could reach mine after someone did a 'Hows your Cervix thread' and I had an investigate. Its been low and soft for ages, when I went to hospital they said I may go inot labour early but that was a few weeks ago and I havent gone into labour yet.

I cut all my nails off a long time ago, they were so long I was scratching myself with them in the night, plus I didnt want long nails with a baby so I cut them off and now they are really short so no, no cervix snagging :lol:

I havent been massaging but am willing to try anything..

So.. where is this perineal thing? If your getting you OH to do it for you (which I will) what position do you get yourselves into? how long do you massage for?

xkikix said:
I havent been massaging but am willing to try anything..

So.. where is this perineal thing? If your getting you OH to do it for you (which I will) what position do you get yourselves into? how long do you massage for?

OK, this is a direct link to the PDF document to download Page 11, #4 and also page 23 for better instructions :)

or you can www.easy-childbirth.com/download/report.pdf]view it online[/url] You need to read #4 on page 11 in the online version and also down the bottom of page 23 for better instructions.

Someone here gave the link out ages ago and I saved it for when I needed it, only fair I share :lol:

I could never face it. Ewwww. Also had a major problem in reaching it so it was suggested that Ali help but one thing would've no doubt lead to another and I was in no condition for any of that funny business then!

When I did the hypnobirthing course, our teacher strongly recommended it. I met up with some other mums from my PND support group this morning and it came up in conversation. One of them did the massage and was convinced it helped a lot.

hello
I am doing the massage, find it hard mind you, hard to reach and i got a bit dizzy as usually after a bath

i am going to start taking evening primrose oil and inserting that too

yuk

we did actually do the deed the other day and cervix felt low and different
x

Tillytots said:
well rubbing the EPO on my cervix yes.

Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labor. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (36 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also.

from here

http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/ar ... g0007.html

OKies..... capsules... do they mean the ones we would normally swallow? :think: I can go get some tomorrow if thats the case. Start in a few days.

I haven't stated yet but planning to - now I have more time since its the shcool holidays I will start tonight.

I better be able to reach - no OH to help :(

Tillytots said:

It is really quite uncomfortable burning/stinging sensation when you have it massaged. I was wincing a lot and then bursting into fits of laughter at it all. But after the couple of minutes of having it held, the discomfort passes until the massage starts. But after a week or so it becomes much easier. I'm already feeling more supple down there apparently :shock: :rotfl:

Bee said:
I haven't stated yet but planning to - now I have more time since its the shcool holidays I will start tonight.

:hug:

If you are on your own, try a few positions out to see if there is something that works for you. I tried it myself and found I could just about manage if I was sat on the edge of a bed and lifted my legs onto a chair to bring them upwards. My bump is too big now for me to be able to do anything now though :roll:

I find it easier to reach sitting on the loo - and using my fingers rather than my thumbs.

Sherlock said:
Bee said:

:hug:

If you are on your own, try a few positions out to see if there is something that works for you. I tried it myself and found I could just about manage if I was sat on the edge of a bed and lifted my legs onto a chair to bring them upwards. My bump is too big now for me to be able to do anything now though :roll:

Will do ;)

My bump isn't huge but is seems to be expanding - or going by the "oh my god! u are huge comments" it is :roll:

kalia said:
I find it easier to reach sitting on the loo - and using my fingers rather than my thumbs.

I'd imagine fingers do as good a job. Never thought of trying on the loo though :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
oh dear me james looked at me like id total lost my marbles when i mentioned him doing this last week
NO BLOODY CHANCE

You know i'll try things to get myself ready for birth but this is weirding me out

but it sounds very uncomfortable

Sherlock said:
Tillytots said:

It is really quite uncomfortable burning/stinging sensation when you have it massaged. I was wincing a lot and then bursting into fits of laughter at it all. But after the couple of minutes of having it held, the discomfort passes until the massage starts. But after a week or so it becomes much easier. I'm already feeling more supple down there apparently :shock: :rotfl:

Im glad to hear it works, I was worried Ive left it a bit late but if a weeks massaging is helping thats great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back