Ohhh KJL fellow horsey woman!!

mayday .....

i love your hunter ! i was well into my workers too was the best of both worlds regarding showing and jumping !

one funny story tho ..... i was at a show with my then pony called daniel , now he was but i didnt know it previoulsy proper hunted ( later found out when i got sent home for over taken master lmao)

well i went into the ring to start my jumping phase , and low and behold the ring next door ( was a county show) only started the hunt dogs display ! all the blood hounds and huntsmen with there horns going off !

well safe to say me and daniel did the round in record time lmao and what did they judge say , nice hunting pace ! what she didnt know was i couldnt stop him lmao but went on to win the class !

Me me me, i'm very horsey too!!!

I miss it like mad and had to give up my ride when i found out i was pregnant, he was sold to a friend to hunt and i still get to ride him out after this one is born. He's a 15.2 polo pony /TB type and black with a white blaze so rather sexy!! Cant wait to ride him again.

I have had loads of horses over the years but Somer was the best, who is now doing well at dressage, he is a 16.3hh irish sports horse. We did british novice showjumping and eventing together, although he loved xc the best. I have also had, new forests, ID's, cobs, arabs lol and loads more.

Isla has ridden the polo pony too and loved it, once this one is old enough we will buy a section a or something for them to do lead rein classes on. :cheer:

I miss riding too and never go more than a couple of weeks without riding apart from when i'm pregnant and its definatly the worst thing about being pregnant. Better get the tena lady ready girls for when we all start riding again, you lose muscles you didnt know you had....... :rotfl:

kellysomer said:
Better get the tena lady ready girls for when we all start riding again, you lose muscles you didnt know you had....... :rotfl:

oh god, i hadn't thought of that!! its bad enough when i sneeze already! and here was me just worrying about how much my legs and bum are going to ache after 9 months off... :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Aaaaaaaaaah! I'm no longer counting down the days until baby is born....I'm counting down the days until I get back in the saddle!! Glad to know there are others who are going just as insane as me without being able to ride. I think it was June the last time I rode.....JUNE! My 2 have been getting incredibly fat and have been looking a bit bored.

I swear I can't wait to get back on.....I'm even dreaming about it now! It's not even just the riding, but being able to handle and groom them properly without such a big fat belly stopping me from doing it. I think you're supposed to give it 6 weeks after birth aren't you? (I think I did this last time) I'm not going to give it that long this time. I'll try 6 days :D

Rose....

rose2zz3.jpg

Tam...

sta70436cq0.jpg

I don't need to worry about the Tenalady. My pelvic floor was so well developed it would't let the baby out! I will warn you though - no matter how active you keep through the pregnancy you feel as feeble as anything when you first get back on. I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting back now, months later.

G3M, you should come and look at our showing forum. We've got 6 pregnant members at the mo, 3 of them rode at last year's HOYS :shock: We chat about lead rein ponies all the time :lol:

It's so lovely to have a horsey chat...my hubby has no idea how hard it has been not being able to ride and has not much sympathy for my moaning. I think those of you who love horsies and riding know how much it is part of your life and how hard it is to take a break! I too am counting down the days until I can ride again...I dream of it every night!

p.s. again all of your horsies and ponies are stunning!

my OH doesn't really get it either... although he knows full well of my ambitions to be a stay at home mum with children, horses and dogs, and i think that scares him a bit!! :rotfl:

agree with KJL, your horses are all gorgeous. i miss my mare so much. i don't even have as much as a goldfish at the moment...

Hiya :D

Oh my gosh I am so impressed I thought it would just be thread with one reply, I am astonished and it's so great that there are so many horsey pregnant women out there, just aching to get back in the saddle! You all have some lovely neddies.

Bug is not that great at dressage (wow KJL...medium dressage!) we just did the preliminary and never got any higher than 60% mainly because he is quite hollow through his back (all that time as a racer has developed the wrong neck muscles!) he finds it really hard to enage his hind legs. So we only really do it to keep me interested in boring flatwork. We have been working on his jumping but it always seems like we are just getting somewhere then something happens, ie goes lame, loses a shoe or I get pregnant! We had just our first few clear rounds and was all ready to do a local class when bubs occured. I immediately stopped riding just because I know of people who have had accidents and their babies have had complications, so I just didn't want any risk esp since he can be a nutter at times!

n583027215_200867_7256.jpg

Bug and I coming 4th in ridden novice

n597632027_138225_4316.jpg

Bug and me just before I found out I was expecting.

its amazing how many horsey women are on here! I've got 2 mares (mother and daughter) i hope to put them in foal in a couple of months time. I also had a colt who was an absolute star, he was better behaved than his sister at the same age but while iwas pregnant i had a cyst and couldnt handle them. i was on a diy yard and relying on other people. when he turned 2 years old the rest of the yard decided it was too dangerous to have a colt and i was practacally forced to sell him. (i was in and out of the hospital at the time) I was really angry because i have worked on several studs and breaking yards and he was the best behaved 2 year old i have ever known. people just have this phobia about colts. they were convinced that he was going to atack someone. oh well... its done now. i've stiil got mum and her 1st born daughter...... which reminds me...... time to muck out!

X

My toddler has her own pony - a nearly 3 yr old 'mini' (she's kinda inbetween a mini and a normal shetty!) shetland which she will share with this LO.
Mucking out is becomming a challenge - mainly because I'm tall and I swear the pitchfork is getting shorter :think: :lol: My back complains quite a bit!

I must be desperate as i even miss mucking out and the smell of clean straw....... i love all the stable jobs too, especially rugging up when it's so cold outside.

I rode twice every day before i had Isla and her labour was made harder by the fact that i had super toned pelvic floor muscles, i had a few problems during her labour and tore too. Now when i canter or jump i do need tena lady and my showjumping career is a tad embarrasing!!! :rotfl: Everyone i know thats horsey has the same problem but they do improve over time, it just takes lots of pelvic floor exercises and to persist with the riding, especially in a cross country seat.

I want to ride again, we have the New Forest on the doorstep and by the time i have the baby the drag hunting season will be over :cry:

But then the summer showjumping starts...... :cheer:

I think its great to see so many horsey people on here, i had no idea there were so many.

and paradysso you have to come for a forest hack with me, the horses aren't mad i promise....

kellysomer said:
I must be desperate as i even miss mucking out and the smell of clean straw....... i love all the stable jobs too, especially rugging up when it's so cold outside.

I miss that too...god us horsey people are all mad! My hubby never understood how I could be bothered to go up to the stables after work when it was so cold to ex the horse and muck out!

I was just up at the yard and I actually felt quite jealous watching the girls making up the feeds and washing down the muddy horsies :? I can't wait to be back in the saddle. My hubby said he recons I'm more excited about riding than resuming out sex life :rotfl:

telling me!!! i love the smell of hay!!! i have a big bag of it in the kitchen for the rabbit, hmmm makes the house smell of it :D

and kelly! yes i come riding any time. ive been offered a loan of a horse so i may be able to bring my own up... not that its well behaved either lol

I miss the simple things with horses such as the mucking out and clean hay as well!though Beckett had to have his hy dipped as he sneezed all the time with it bless him.

I dearly hope one day im in a positon to be privillaged enough to own my own horse again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back