Ohhh KJL fellow horsey woman!!

Warley

Reaction score
Hi KJL (sorry people this is mainly horsey!)

Couldn't help but notice you said you were riding before you were pregnant. Just wanted to know what have you done with your neddy? I have put mine on loan to a lovely girl but it's driving me insane that I can't ride, I still call for her at dressage and support her jumping and stuff but it's just not the same!

What do you have? Bug is a 15.2hh tiny ex-racer, still a baby really. He would prob have a heart attack if I tried to get on him at the moment! How many months gone were you when you stopped riding?..Oh and also what do you compete in?

X

im horsey too :wave: but i no longer ride

this is my man tho

1414930645_l.jpg

my mum breeds them , and cally ( pictured) stays with her as he earns his keep buy producing loads of beautifull babies !

there all lil welsh mountain ponies tho so far to small for me to ride !

funny thing is , boy has his own already ! last years foal born month before i concieved to my old mare and cally ! she's perfect and called indy

this is her pictured with rooster , same daddy different mummy !

l_b2a4dde60ec29a59872fb33e8e46cd63.jpg

God Gem - they're a driving pair!!

I'm horsey or ex horsey too. I was a groom/horse breaker for 7 years full time and almost 10 Pt/T for the Farnsworths (SJ'ing) - I've watched Danni grow!

I stopped riding (eventually) when I realised I couldn't keep the same standard without doing it full time. Funny thing is I don't really miss it - no regrets, I loved every second but I did what I wanted. Maybe I'll start again one day, who knows.

I can appreciate it must be weird to feel forced to stop - when I left it as a job to go to uni at 23 I nearly went stark raving nuts from withdrawal, I started to climb on the climbing wall obsessively just to feel myself move!

This is me on the last mare I owned. She's 4 in the piccie and at her first event - I'm riding a bit like a tw@t but hey ho, the horse is going well and as I broke and trained her I figure it's not all grim news!

Queilaxc.jpg
[/img]

we do have one of our ponies doing very well on the driving circuit right now

ive grown up with them , then i got severly beaten up but someone elses :roll: tampled into the floor infact lol did the season with him , he then went back and i broke my ankle roller skating , i then lost my complete confidence and suffered flash backs from the trampling accident. it was when mum brought cally as a foal me and him clicked , he brought me back into it ( even tho they were in my back garden i stayed well away) . but mum down sized all the stables to make room for lil ones and we couldnt really afford another big one for me so ive not really ridden since , which was/is a shame as i look back and it was the only thing i was dam good at :wall: . competed mainly in showing classes , working hunter was my best . only did show jumping as fun as we were very much a showing familly. mum still shows the lil one in hand now .. infact at 6 weeks preggy i was showing for her but nearly threw up half way round the ring :rotfl:

more pics for ya lol

me and cally , excuse the way i look , i was still proper throwing my guts up at this point and mum had dragged me out of the house lol

m_2b2e43124a353d8d8d506b92f2d314b6.jpg

and i love this photo , this is china and sassy

l_e4c5bfc3508d935c879974df15564ed5.jpg

im horsey too, i stopped riding at around 20 weeks and miss it soooo bad, i still work at the stables 4 days a week and wont give that up until i go into labour hahaha

i did have a alter real when i lived in spain, he was only young and i was just beginning to break him, but then moved back here, and decided to leave him :wall:

i doo get so jealous when i see people out hacking!!! :twisted: and im jealous of all your gorgeous horsies!!!!!!

these are the 2 i excerise...

009.jpg

010.jpg

woo hoo Im horsey aswell

ive owned a donkey :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I shall be back in the saddle when ive had baby

gem - you look great with Cally. It's lovely to see people treat stallions as characters rather than wild beasties!! When I worked for Chris Farnsworth he owned stallions and it was a proper stud till about 1991 (ish) when the yard moved and there wasn't enough grazing for a big stud farm anymore. I really missed having stallions about the place - they add something to a yard, I miss the bellowing, showing off, I dunno a sense of summer I suppose.

I think I'm a lucky one here because I feel quite contented with it as something in mty past - I love the memories.

Bloody hell there's loads of us here!!

Are you all gonna get your kids riding? If so when?

i recon boy will be riding before he can walk , indy will be 3 when his 2 so perfect !

our stallions are treated no different . we did have 2 but have just had the section 2 cut for selling , he didnt sell as a stallion . but u could do anything with any of them . tug lives at home ( in the back garden lol ) but cally lives out with his mares and he wouldnt have it any other way !

only prob i have with cally is when his shown, he walks around with 5 legs :oops: and his very vocal !

mums got the foals home for weaning at min so u can imagine its hard work for her right now ! most of the mares and youngsters live out but stabled she has her stallion tug ,the sec c robbie , the 2 foals ,and her sec b show pony abby . beleive it or not this is in the back garden lol its a big back garden tho !

i love photos , must put on the lappy some of me riding !

me and cally in the show ring again

l_400449fef8b879dea2cb90d8dabae3d6.jpg

this is tug , mums sec a stallion

l_95e56935aff48c3070384d09a1016156.jpg

weve already taken alana.....

gilesfarm015.jpg

gilesfarm021.jpg

she loved it... i was so scared she would fall off, but she wouldnt let me hold her :shock: guess shes got a naturally good balance? i dont know how, shes alrways tripping over her own feet

HEYYYYYY YEAHHHH more horsey people! I am literally going mental not being able to ride...I miss it like crazy! I compete mainly dressage, we compete affiliated at Medium level at present :D Louis is a 15 yr old 15.3hh chestnut monkey :lol: I've had him 11 years now and I've never known his breeding but we suspect some thoroughbred type x (maybe angle arab). I bought him for SJ but got hooked on the dressage a couple of years ago and he seems to have a real flare for it! I'm really chuffed with him as he's qualified for the regionals and the Area Festival finals but I won't be able to do them myself in my current state! A friend of mine (and a lovely rider) is taking my place and I still take them out competing most weekends and waddle into the arena to read for them :rotfl:

My hubby wanted me to stop riding when I found out I was preggers but I kept on going until about 4/5 months and then just found it really uncomfortable and felt I was unbalancing Louis a bit. That's when Rachel took over and she has done a super job of continueing his progress. I've taken them out for some SJ and XC too as he LOVES jumping so he's continued doing lots of work while I've got a bun in the oven! I am so so desperate to get back to it though! I still go up to the yard as often as possible to spoil Lou and watch Rachel schooling.

When did you stop riding? What do u plan to do with Bug? x

oh this is Louis aka "the orange monkey!"

dress2.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

All of your horses/ponies are gorgeous :D I can't wait to have my little girl so I can buy her ickle ponies and take her to competitions...I hope that she's a little dressage diva :D I was riding as soon as I could walk so bubs will hopefully be the same :D

Loving your horse, Floppit, and Tug too! I have a thing for greys :lol: I just wish mine was cleaner.

I have a working hunter who I rode until I was 7 months pregnant. Then one day I realised I couldn't get off (getting on hadn't been a problem, but my hips sort of fused in place leaving me looking too much like John Wayne :shock: ) So the working student at the place I kept him at rode and competed him for me. I also took him to a showing training camp at 7 months pregnant. They wouldn't let me ride him there, so a friend rode him for me. Shame - they put a side-saddle on him and he looked fab! I so wanted to have a little go.

He lives at home now, and in 4 weeks a little friend arrives for him - she's spent the last 15 years teaching little girls to ride, but I think she''l be having a holiday for a while before mine is big enough to have a go.

Anyway, standby for photo overload (am just too pround of my boy!)

Pre-pregnancy;
puk2007_2.jpg

4 months preg;
IMGP0635.jpg

7 Months, at showing camp (I'm in the 'covers it all' coat);
sr2.jpg

3 weeks before the big day, at a dressage competiton;
IMG_3913.jpg

I was recommend to leave it 3 months after the birth before getting back on (bad caesarean) so here we are at 3 months and 1 day :lol: This year's opening meet. Why did OH bring baby in the sling? She hated it then, is rather happier with it now. I could not persuade him not to use it. He'd just seen the Kath and Kim episode where the bloke had his baby in a sling and all the women loved him for it :roll: ;
IMG_4193.jpg

ohhh you look so nice all dressed up for the meet. ive been helping out at the meets this year, but feeling very envious when they all set off :cry: kind of get shivers all up my spine.

your horse is beautiful!!!!

There are some lovely piccies here...

I thinmk I might leave it quite a while before seeing if little one wants to ride. My old bosses daughter had to wait till she was 5 and that has UBER worked out because by then she wanted it SO badly.

I'd like to try her with lots of different sports too, because I'd rather her have a passion for something and if it's riding that's great but if not that's great too. I did alot of climbing and in recent years started hill running and mountain biking so I figure I can give an eclectic example if nothing else! :rotfl:

I don't really mind if she white water kayak's, stump jumps bikes, free climbs or rides - but I intend to brain wash her against hours of TV, stillettos, and barbie dolls... heheheheheh (I know - I'm evil!).

This is my boy before he was sold to a very good friend of mine, he was a stallion when I had him and she had his nuts chopped as he was a bit highly strung, actually he was a nutter and unpredictable and I was the only one stupid enough to ride him.

Heres Beckett.

thimbleberry.jpg

i'm horsey too... this is the longest i've gone without riding all my life and i desperately miss it. but i had to have my mare put down :cry: just before i got pregnant and haven't bought another - yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back