OH

Tonks

Reaction score
Was out tonight and was due home at 2:30 ish. I fell asleep
and he came in just before 4am and woke me up. Poor bloke was White as a sheet, shaking and in shock. He missed the transport home, so had to get a a taxi. Phoned 3 places before he got one, then had to go to 2 cashpoints before he got one that was working.

The road home is a quiet country road, especially at his time. As OHs taxi is on the way back, OH spots a car gone off the road with lights on and tells driver to stop.

Turns out OH is first on scene to a very nasty accident. Male driver, no passengers and car looks like it's flipped a few times and OH said you could just about tell it was a car. OH called 999 while holding the guys head back. OH doesn't know if he will survive :( don't want to repeat the details of what OH saw but was a bad crash. All 3 emergency services got there and he was cut out of the car then OH left and came home.

The car involved was the exact same make, model and colour of my sisters car that we crashed this week. Which has made it hard for OH I think

Have told OH that he was obviously meant to be there and help. Does anyone know if he will be able to ring the hospital/police and speak to someone about the accident? The police didn't take his details at the time and I think OH is stressing about what is going to happn to him :(

oh no thats awful :hug:

i hope you get some more information xx

God, thats sounds horrific. I did the same for someone once, and the police did have my details. They very kindly rang me and gave me the outcome. It was very nice of them, as I hadn't asked them to or expected them too. Maybe if he rings the police station, thy will be able to find out for him :hug:

The police should have taken his details. He should maybe pass them on to the local station. If it turns out to be fatal then they'll prob want a statement from him as first on scene.

:hug: that must have been awful for him. you should dfo get him to give the local police a bell :hug:

Oh your poor OH! I agree that he should ring the station and the police might let him know how the man is. I hope the outcome is good xx

Oh Tonks that just sounds horrendous!! And just as well your OH told the taxi to stop, would they have doen so otherwise?? The police won't give details but surely they will be able to tell if it was a positive outcome. Def get in contact with them though! It's a horrible shock to face mortality, really gets your mind all in a tizz!

OMG that sounds awful. Thank God the taxi was driving past and he spotted him. Yeah he could ring thepolice, Im surprised they didnt take his details as he's a witness. The hospital wont give out any details cos of patient confidentiality but the police will be able to give him some information. Glad there are people like your OH around xxx

:( Oh hun, poor man and your poor oh :hug:

What a week for you guys :cry:

I say ring the police and they will tell him surely, hope he's ok :hug:

It was fate that he was there to help, strange about the similarity to your sister's car - what an amazing OH you have; I hope he does ring to find out, it may be that your OH just saved his life. Hope there is a good ending to this :hug:

I think it was all very chaotic, so OH slipped away when the paramedics took over. I think just the shock of it all meant he came back, rather than speaking to the police first. He's going to ring now and ask if he need to give a statement and see if they can disclose his condition.

Just can't stop thinking about the poor man, so no idea how OH is feeling as he's not really talking today. :(

Two accidents in a week. I know the roads up here are bad, but I couldn't believe it when he came in and told me.

OH has spoken to someone on the non-emergency line (don't think they are police officers?). Apparently the police officers are on nights until Tuesday, so will ring then if they need to come and take a statement. However, the woman said it's very 'clear cut' what happened. :( OH asked about his condition, and she said she can't discuss that with him.

The police may not give details if the man died and family haven't been informed yet, otherwise they'll prob give an idea on his condition. Have been to a bad crash today too, one involving a pregnant horse it was horrific even by my standards. Your o/h should just phone local station and pass on his details if they happen to need them x

The woman took his details, and said she'd pass them on so they would be flagged up for the PC when she comes on day shift next week. Is it worth ringing the local station too now? Or is that just overkill?

So sorry you were at a bad crash hun :( :hug: Hope you're ok.

Oh how awful :hug: I'm sure someone must be able to give you some details on his condition. I'd ring the local station x

Tonks, what a week you've had of it :hug: Your poor hubby...it's really traumatic seeing that kind of thing :( Especially with your recent "roll" :(

Hope he's ok (both your hubby and the man in the accident ...though the latter unfortunately doesn't sound so good :( ) :hug: Christ what a shock...

That probably just means they'll email her and shell check it when she starts duty. It'll prob only be the investigating officer that has any idea what's going on with it. I dunno if it was me being asked I'd give him a rough idea at least apart from if it was bad, then I wouldn't say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back