Had a great night, then this happened the next day.

xSuzx

Reaction score
Hi all

sorry this is long but if you have the time please read as the out come could have been alot worse.

Well I'll start at the beginning, it was hubbys christmas party on friday night and it was at a hotel at winchester and some of neils best mate was staying over, so we drove the car there and he was driving it back to ours in the morning.

Anyway the night was fab food was lovely and we all had a great time(will get some pics posted when I get a copy), the next morning his mate rang and was saying he'd crashed the car, but he was only joking and was still eating his breaky at the hotel and would be leaving in a bit.

and hour later he calls again saying I'm really sorry mate I've crashed the car, Hubby was like "yeah alright" and his mate said "no mate I'm being serious" we still thought he was pulling our leg, then the door bell went about 10mins later and it was his mate with no car, hubby thought he'd parked round the corner for a laugh, but he looked abit shook up and was trying to convince us he was serious.

Then a couple of neils other mates pulled up as they'd seen the car and come straight round, so they took neil and his mate back to the car and got road side recovery to bring it back here before taking it to our insurers nearest garage.

Anyway to say my hubby's mate was lucky is an understatement the car was a mess most possibly wrote off, what had happened was he was going round an s bend near our estate and the back end just went and the car swerved acouple of times then flipped itself fully over hitting a tree before ending back on its wheels on the opposite side of the road and facing the opposit way to what it had started. The front end is crushed, both passenger side windows wher smashed in, the 2 front tyres were popped and both sides of the car had large dents in them with all the panels and front bumper hanging off.

Some how my hubbys mate managed to get out of the car with just whiplash much to the shock of a man that witnessed it and the police.
The police told us that there had already been 2 fatalties and a good few crashs in the same place over the last month.

We are just so pleased that he is ok and bless him all he was worried about was that he'd crashed our car.

xSuzx

:| very lucky to escape with whiplash. sounds like a bad crash.

he has very understanding friends. most people would go mad

and tbh i probs would if someone crashed my bmw (this make me a bad person :? )

oh no hun thats terrible im really glad his mate is ok though. He was very lucky considering the damage and how the car came off the road very very lucky. :shock:

How is the car, have the garage said whether it is a write off or can they do something with it? :hug:

Blimey! :shock:

Sounds like he was really lucky and it could have been much worse! Glad everyone's ok and it's just a hunk of metal that's broken. :shock:

Thank you all

He is very lucky I think the fact that our car is a renault scenic helped as it has a high roof and is quite a round car, had it been something like a estate or a hatchback I think it would have been a different story.

Plus he was driving sensibly too so it's just one of those things and as I said to him if it hadn't have been him driving it, it could have quite easily have been me neil and the kids in the car and if that had of been the case callum would have been badly hurt and I'm pretty sure we would have lost Ethan and quite possibly lily (as her carseat is on the passengerside backseat and Ethans only in a booster at the mo).

Needless to say we are investing in some new carseats, Callum already has a 5 pointer but we'll proberly even upgrade that one too.

I was quite emotional over it all yesterday it could have all ended sooo much more badly.

xSuzx

xSuzx said:
Plus he was driving sensibly too so it's just one of those things and as I said to him if it hadn't have been him driving it, it could have quite easily have been me neil and the kids in the car and if that had of been the case callum would have been badly hurt and I'm pretty sure we would have lost Ethan and quite possibly lily (as her carseat is on the passengerside backseat and Ethans only in a booster at the mo).
xSuzx

I hate to be rude, but he cant have been driving it sensibly to roll a car, that takes speed and careless driving, we have an accident blake spot on an s bend near us and thay all are blaming the surfaces, but its speed that causes the accidents.
Just hope that your insurance covers other drivers.
You are being very forgiving my hubby would have been furious.

Glad he is ok, though thats the main thing.

im really sorry that happened hun but i dont think it would of happened if it was you and the kids in the car cause im sure you drive sensibly with them...when i read that the back end just stepped out for no reason i was like :think: that dosnt happen mate....im sorry but i totally agree with hypnorm...back ends step out due to speed on corners and then not been able to steer back into them to control the car which would then cause the car to flip (but only if the back end slips out and spins at very high speeds, if a back end slips out at controlled speeds then it will most likely not spin and even if it does not flip)....

I do alot of track days and am very into my motorsport, we have a track car and the back end will step out during very high speeds on tracks but under control and driving sensibly it never usually turns into a spin.

I have nearly flipped on a track once, a friend of mine was driving and he isnt a very good track driver at all he just thrashes it round corners and hopes for the best, needless to say with such careless driving we span about 4 times and one of the spins ended up with the car tipping about 40 degress right on its side and somehow managed not to roll, if it had it would of just landed on its lid and stopped.

Sorry this is such a long post mate but im trying to tell you that what you explaned would never of happened had the car been driven sensibly...its just hardly feasable....and a scenic isnt really a light car either...the car i nearly flipped in was a 205 gti...(very light).

Cassie

No problem girls I really apprieciate your input, it actually makes me feel better in a weird way, as I'm very nervous about cars and crashing since we had a very small bump in our last car last year (don't have much look do we).

Anyway hubby took the morning off and took me shopping in his mates car and took me to look at where it happened, from that and what the witness and police report say it looks like he'd swerved like said and then because its a country road with no path the nose of the car went into the grass verge ditch (possibly at a slight angle not directly head on), and the nose and the front wheels (which were caked withgrass and mud) had got stuck and the momentum had sent it over.

Although yes he proberly would have about 50 mph and then slowed to go round the corner, but that's the limit for that round and the speed we go to, I think if he been in his car it wouldn't have happened but as he isn't used to our sort of car he proberly miss judged how to take it in our car and lost control and TBH neil nearly did the same when we first got the car as he was used to our mazda. I don't think he was being lairy just misjugde as if we didn't trust him he'd have never been in it.

I might be wrong with all that and if you have a different oppinion please let me know I always have to annalize (sp) things like this it always makes me feel better (yes I'm weird)

Personally I think 50 MPH is to fast for that road inparticular and feel it should be lower.

sorry that was long again

xSuzx

ahh see that makes more sense than the car just stepping out at the back ;)...that is a different story, that is possible and he is lucky indeed.

It was just lucky that there wasn't any thing else coming the other way, cause the witness was a man driving up the opposite side of the road with his young daughter in the car and that would have been just to awful.

Anyway the insurance company have been intouch and the car in a total lose which we weren't surprised at (we actually have a pic of it on neils mobile so might put it on to show you) , but we were fully insured so it's not to bad,

The hard part in actually finding a new car in this area as we're quite isolated here and only surrounded by small towns, but I'm sure it'll all work out.

neadless to say NO ONE ELSE will be going anywhere near our new car :)

xSuzx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back