oh sh!t.. were in trouble!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Well in feb a guy came round from tv licensing.. wasnt awre the direct debit had been cancelled.. anyway because i wasnt in mark dealt with him and had interview, he didnt tell them the license was in my name silly man.. when i got back he told me they had been and i contacted them straight away and made a new direct debit and was told nothing further more would happen, this was confirmed in writing as well to us,

well blow me mark has been summoned to court, 2nd august,

just contacted tv licensing told them what had happened etc etc and he said it should be ok due to the mix up as the license is in my name but would need to be put through to a different department, he said theres nothing they can do about the pending court case..

Then he said in feb the new direct debit wasnt even set up so thats there mistakeas i gave all my details etc etc,

so i have put on the form, yes we plead guilty to not having a license for 1 month but the previous lisecnce was in my name.. and i wasnt aware the direct debit was cancleed, and ive put on the form a new licesnce has been issued etc..
oh god, i cant afford a massive fine.. but its partly tv licensing's fault in the first place..

lets hope the courts can see that!

Oh dear hun, do you get an opportunity to put your case forward in court or is it one of these 'batch' court cases like for council tax where you do not get the chance to defend yourself? If you have the chance I'd see if you can speak to somebody at the CAB.

I dont want to worry you hun but I recently dealt with a similar thing at work- council tax sent the tenant her bill and court summons to the wrong address (her council house was having major repairs so she had to be moved out), council tax knew that she was living elsewhere and wasnt liable for 2 CTAX bills (it was set up wrong on the system) but they still took her to court. I tried to help her but CTAX just didnt give 2 hoots. She went to the local paper tho :lol:

well it asks us to plead etc..

and says we can say anything on the form, so ive explained whats happened etc, but we dont have to attend if pleading guilty.. just dont want £1000 fine when they know why dd got cancelled and we wasnt aware... the fact its in marks name scares me cos hes never had a license...

oops!

I remember when I left home and my sis told the tv peeps that I was the only person to have a tv in her house ( I was there 1 month) anyhow I got a court summons (my family suck :? )

sunshinestars said:
well it asks us to plead etc..

and says we can say anything on the form, so ive explained whats happened etc, but we dont have to attend if pleading guilty.. just dont want £1000 fine when they know why dd got cancelled and we wasnt aware... the fact its in marks name scares me cos hes never had a license...

thats cool, hope you get it sorted :hug:

You would think they would try to find and deal with those who go for months on end, years even without a licence not those who have one (the licence should be registered to an address, i.e the one we have is in my husbands name but covers this house even if they decided to pull me up about not having one type thing). When our son moved out we got him set up to pay a direct debit for his TV licence and found out 2 months later the little so and so had cancelled it saying it was a waste of money...while sitting in his flat watching the blooming thing! I've taken it away from him and told him he can have it back when I get the money to pay for a year up front type thing - he's moaning he can't play the PS2 now but hey I know it's not the only thing he was doing with it so parental powers over ruled that one and the TV came out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back