Moral Dilemma....

pilkers

Reaction score
I have a moral dilemma which is causing friction between me and OH...sorry it's long

Evie started nursery on the 25th September. I filled in all the paperwork...gave them my bank details for the direct debit and thought no more about it.

Anyway at the end of October we received an invoice saying that our bill was £225.60. So I rang the nursery and asked if this would be coming out of the direct debit that had been set up. They knew nothing about it because the woman who dealt with the finances had gone off on Mat leave.

So the following week I send a cheque in for the total amount. Over a week later and the cheque hasn't been cashed so today I ring them up to make sure that everything is in order and that they have paid the cheque in etc.

I was then told that they couldn't find Evie on their system and that they would ring me back. Anyway I got a call back saying that the cheque had been paid in and that it should come out of my account any day. I then asked when I should expect the next invoice...and she replied that it would be at the end of the month and I'm paid up till the 1st December.

Now here is my problem...
Evie has been attending nursery for 8 weeks now... It costs me £56.40 per week...so that means that we owe £451.20 for the 8 weeks. Now I sent a cheque for £225.60 which adds up to 4 of those weeks...but they say I'm paid up till the 1st December. We're supposed to pay a month in advance so technically I owe them £451.20 for the 8 weeks she's been there and the £225 I've paid is my month in advance..

OH thinks I should just keep my gob shut now because I have spent ages chasing this up with them and trying to explain the situation and that it's their fault for missing it. BUT I'm terrified that they'll hit us with a huge bill, or they'll think I'm not being truthful.

Half of me feels like I have done enough to try and rectify the situation over the last couple of weeks...but then the other half of me feels dishonest

arrrggghhhhh...

I think I would talk to them about it. Explain that you have only just realised that there are payments due from prior to the payment you just made and that due to the fact that it was originally set up as a direct debit you thought the payments were going in regularly
Thing is, if you dont you will worry that it is going to come back and bite you later on!

that is just my opinion, but i just think that if you dont, you will worry anyway.... :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back