Oh my MOTHER!

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
is being a right pain in the arse, shes dismantled the house, painted everywhere (so loads of stuff is off the walls etc) is properly ON ONE at all times and is expecting me to be ON ONE with her

i am 39 weeks pregnant, i want to sit on my sofa and eat cake (but i am not allowed cake anymore because i just get disapproving looks etc) i dont even feel i can ask her to make me a cup of tea

not what i was expecting when i spent 3 months making the house nice and asked her to come stay for so long

its hectic

HELP!!!!!

oh no! maybe shes just nervous for the babys arrival?

i did the bloody nesting! the house looked lovely before she came along and just removed everything and put loads of stuff everywhere!

Its going to look great when shes done but i am soooo nervous about going into labour and everything being a bloody mess! i worked really hard and so did liam so that we would have a calm and wonderful environment to birth our child in

its great that the bathroom is being painted and all - but does it really have to happen days before i am due to give birth? REALLY!

Arrr bless her - she probably thinks she is being a real help! I'm sure she'll calm down in a few days xx
Maybe you could make her a list of other things to do and say it would be a real help if she could do them - even if it means doing things you have already done - or making jobs up lol

Last edited:
Oh how stressful! Sweet that she wants it to be perfect for her but her timing really would stress me out, especially if it was looking great before she started! Does she have much more to do before things can go back on the walls and everything will be a bit more organised again?!

well shes finished painting the bathroom and put it all back to normal (which is ace because i can actually FIT in the bathroom now to use the loo and stuff)

Shes sat down now which is nice and hopefully wont buzz around anymore tonight, the back room/dinning room is an absolute tip, filled with just random stuff that she has pulled out from everywhere and is a bit of a nightmare.

Hopefully that will change tomorrow

I just cant see myself going into labour whilst the house is like this - its all a bit manic

well everyone is sleeping now, though not before another bloody drama

Basically, this is going to sound stupid but i have had a real issue today with food. Usually Liam leaves me enough milk for cereal, a couple of ready meals and some nibbley stuff to eat during the day

I wake up, i have a cup of raspberry leaf tea and a cup of normalitea and a pint of water
if Liam is here he of course will bring me the teas because its easier for him

Anyway, yesterday of course neither me nor Liam though 'oh lets do a shop mission' because we knew that mum would be around all day and could feed me/run errands that needed to be done

Bad idea

I got up around 6am with Liam and couldnt get back to sleep at all, he left at 7 and I drank tea and websurfed before going downstairs to join mum at about half 8 - i was pretty hungry and i heard her up and about

Told her i was hungry and she complained that there was no bread in the house and also no eggs, i said 'okay well the shop down the road (which is a 3 minute walk) sells these things' she then got a proper stress on because she had just gone out to get milk for cups of tea and she had to go out again

I said 'well should I go out'

'WELL THATS NOT WHAT I SAID' okay...

so i said well, one of us has to go out and she started grumbling about having to and all this, i was like 'mum i am sorry but I am hungry and if i dont eat then i will feel really quite ill and its not good and himself inside starts kicking about and its generally well uncomfortable'

so she went to the shop, got some food and came back - we had a nice brekkie but it felt like SUCH a chore and like i was being a real burden

Then she started complaining about Liam wanting to do the gloss work in the windows and to be fair to her she had made the windows all nice with curtains and he took it all down to paint the coving (i think they should have painted the coving first but there you go) And had a go at me because she was really tired (i had had 2 hours sleep by this point)

Soooo, then she starts going off on one that the only reason Liam didnt want her to do the gloss work was because i had told him she was rubbish at painting (when actually he had spent ages repairing a rubbish paint job she did in the bathroom the last time she came and THAT was why he wanted to do the gloss himself)

I told her if she really wanted to do it, to just do it and it wouldnt be a problem if she did it well etc

then Tiffany came round to borrow the car and i asked her if on her way back (at around 1pm) she could pick me up some lunch from reeves or something, at which point mum says 'Well I can get you some lunch' but with all the hassle over breakfast i thought i would get tiffany to pick me something up because then mum could carry on with her mad painting/decorating missions

So i didnt get Tiff to get any food, went to sleep for a few hours and got woken up at about 13.00 by mum who demanded we got ready and went to the midwife appointment (which was at 3.40) immediately. So i headed downstairs and got myself slowly ready, all the time being prodded by mum who DEMANDED we leave immediately and i was like 'mum, where are we going to go? we cant exactly sit in the doctors surgery for 2 hours so we might as well take it easy'

Went into town, mum bought me a sandwich which they had to make (and for some reason they put loads of mayo on a bun, followed by readymixed tuna mayo and two pieces of cucumber) so it was basically a mayonnaise sandwich with a bit of tuna somewhere in it and a tiny bit of salad (NASTY) and we drove to the doctors surgery

I said 'i'm going to go and sit outside in the courtyard and eat this sandwich - now this was at 3.30... i hadnt eaten anything since 9am' and she complained that i was just about to go and have my appointment and i didnt have time and should wait until we got home

but i was hungry :( I was really quite amazingly hungry and little man was kicking away demanding his dinner!

so i ate half of this disgusting mayo filled wrong sandwich and headed back inside (the courtyard was attached to the waiting room so its not like they wouldnt have found me) and had my appointment

mum insisted on driving home when she nearly blew up my sodding car because 'she didnt realise it wasnt an automatic' and i was like ffs let me drive then! i need my car!!!!

Dropped me off at home, didnt offer to make tea or anything like that, ate a thoroughly nice looking chicken and bacon salad she had bought from the disgusting mayo place and i ate a lovely bowl of special K

She then kept going on about 'what our plans were' and 'what we were doing' and the whole house was covered in stuff that was sort of half way done -

I had major sugar withdrawals basically, i wanted a bag of crisps and a snickers bar pronto or something nice and sugary (i would have bought a sandwich and a donut, so sue me - i am bloody pregnant) anyway

It was just a little while until Liam got home and i was feeling like i couldnt even ask for a cup of tea or bit of toast because she would just snap at me about 'eating AGAIN' i feel like such a whale already but if i am hungry i am going to eat right now! I am in no mood to start any bloody diets!

So... have spent all day with her, have had to make all the tea, sort myself out food from our understocked kitchen and am slowly beginning to feel like a complete burden on everything and on society as a whole

Liam came home, bought me a drinkee and a snickers bar (what an angel) and we sent mum off to the shop to get dinner (which she got) and Liam then cooked dinner for everyone, which was just chicken and salad nothing majorly massive or anything

I got dead hungry again around 10pm and Liam went off to the shop to buy some foods for me to eat, he was going to cook me up a snack when he realised it was gone 11pm and he had to go off to bed

so i was sat in the front room and mum said 'Oh well i will cook it, you go off to bed' to Liam

then turns around to me and said

'are you REALLY hungry NOW?'

ffs

yes, i am hungry, its 11pm, i am pregnant and hungry and i dont want to have to fucking well justify my eating habits ANYMORE

so i said 'sod it i will cook'

at which point Liam freaks out and demands that i go and sit down and dont cook anything and rah rah and takes it totally personally that i have decided to cook

I just feel like turd, i feel like i am a complete burden and that mum is more than happy to run about the place decorating and making a mess of thing that were perfectly reasonable before she got here rather than just sitting on a sofa drinking tea with me and waiting for Jasper to arrive

so i just feel like a spare part, like me and Liam have struggled for ages to get to this point where she is here and the burden can be shared a bit and its just not happening

i feel like i am expected not to eat when i am hungry and instead wait for her to eat which is alot less than me because shes not pregnant and stuff

i feel like shit

and i just had to get that all out

:hug: sounds manic, hope it calms down for you. Stay strong about when/what you want to eat - you are a grown up and if snickers is what you want, you have that chocolate girl! :)

I think Liam is going to speak to her about the food issue today, i need to at least have the means of getting my own food when i am hungry rather than her saying she will sort it out and then not bothering

i have had 1hrs sleep all night, have just tossed and turned, its almost like my body has created an aversion to sleep - if i rest my head it jolts and jolts until i just stop trying

weirdest thing

Don't think I would've been able to keep as calm as you did! lol! Jamie's always going on about how much I seem to stuff my face with - CHANGE THE RECORD!! Haha!
Keep your chin up :hug: I know it's hard. Everyone seems to have their own sodding opinions these days! Grrrrr! Don't let it get to you Xx

:hugs:Is this out of character for your mum to be acting like this? It's awful that she is making you feel guilty for eating! I think you need to sit her down and tell her exactly how you feel! Afterall, at this stage in your pregnancy you should just be relaxing and taking it easy....AND EATING!!!! xxxx

I think its a couple of things

1, mum has only ever got to 36 weeks pregnant so has no idea how i am feeling right now
2, she isnt a big eater and i am basically (but i am not going to start a diet whilst pregnant) and i think she is actually honestly amazed at me eating as much as i do - though i dont think for a heavily pregnant bird i am eating that much actually - i could eat more, i could graze allllll day.
and
3, she thinks what i need at the moment is this sort of hectic continuous energy, she hasnt seemed to adapt to the idea of a gentle, easy transistion into life for the wee one nor the affect that this whole 'COME ON' attitude is having on me

Its a bloody nightmare but the food issue Needs to change and quickly, i cant see how glossing a window is more important than surrounding me with good nice food to eat really - but then again i am used to Liam and he is very very different to her

when he got back from work yesterday i literally grabbed him and wouldnt let him go - hes stayed home today (wahoooo)

also i am really really low on sleep, which isnt helping matters at all - i need to eat to keep my energy up because i am not getting any energy from sleeping at all.

will try and talk to her today, i just know it will make me angry though and i really dont have the energy for it right now, so going to get Liam to talk to her i think xx

Wow this is not what you need - a gentle talk is deffo in order - if shes like this now wait till the baby is born! Can imagine it is causing OH to get cross too - prob best to sort it before someone blows up!

Just caught up BB, did you or Liam get a chance to speak to your mum? Sounds likes she has arrived in a whirlwind!! She obviously is oblivious to importance of your environment with the birth being imminent, did she give you any clue she had all these plans? Maybe it's some weird sort of jet lag? I know when I came home from Florida last year I hadn't slept for a full day but felt the immediate urge to clean the kitchen from top to bottom, so I did! I really hope you get through to her, you were so looking forward to her coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back