~~Nappy Cake~~ UPDATE with pics!

soverign

Reaction score
UPDATE ON CAKE SO FAR, JUST A FEW ADJUSTMENTS AND FINAL TOUCHES TO MAKE TOMORROW:

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

I have a friend who is a little behind me in her pregnancy and we are having a baby shower for her soon. I wanted to do something really special for her so I am going to attempt to make a NAPPY CAKE! :)

I also don't have anything to do at the moment besides watching telly or browsing the web!

She is expecting a boy. I have found some really nice pictures of some on the net that I may use to get ideas. I'll just change the colours and things!

Has anyone made one before? I am hoping to make a very large one with around 100 nappies and various tiers.

You can hide bits and bobs in the middle of each layer like socks/ dummies/bottles/booties etc! I love making things! They are really expensive to buy in shops too so ill save a few quid doing it myself! :D

Hi! I'm new (and gate crashing from tri 2!) but this is a FAB idea! I'm having my baby shower June 1st and one of my friend's has already made me a nappy cake. I had a sneak peak and it's amazing, full of other goodies like clothes, bibs, towels, creams... is unbelievable, so unique and I never expected it! She'll love it! x

Awww thanx hun! I can't wait to go out and buy all the bits tomorrow!

Congratulations on your pregnancy too by the way!! :cheer:

I made one for a friend's baby shower last year, was quite easy to make, I used a silver cake display tray ( v cheap to buy from the baking section in sainsbury's!) as the base, rolled up nappies individually with elastic bands then wrapped the layers of nappies together with a blanket/ribbon, each layer a smaller size, then tucked in bibs/hat/baby products etc, held the layers together with hidden bamboo skewers and tucked some plastic spoons in to look like candles!
She loved it, I really enjoyed making it.
In fact she's organising a baby shower for me in may so v excited about that!!

wowww!! that is absolutely fab!!!

well done, your friend will LOVE it i'm sure :cheer: :hug:

WOW!! You and BabyBee should go into business together!

thats lovely might do one fo rmy friend further down the line...hope i get one given to me!

Aww thanx girls! I am pleased with it seen as it was my first attempt! :cheer:

That looks amazing! Your friend is gonna be so pleased with it! :D

WOW :) :)
Thats amazing, sure she'll love it.. What a lovely gift and very practical too.

1sttimemum said:
It's beautiful.
Did it cost much??
xxxxxxxxx

Well I thought I would save money by doing it myself but I spent nearly £40 on it! :shock: There was only one craft shop near my house and everything was overly priced. Even the double sided tape was £5!!!

I have put bottles and socks and mits in the middle of the tiers too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back