Oh My Good God...!

Tasha89

Reaction score
I am in AGONY!! I've had toothache for about a week now and it just gets worse every day! I've only ever taken 1 paracetamol when pain gets too much but this morning, nothing seems to be helping :( Been advised by NHS direct to phone emergency dentist in York but i've not been to a dentist in over 3 years as i'm scared to death!
Really at a loss, go on hol on sat so i know i'm going to have to grin and bear the dentist or i'll ruin both mine and OH's hols with my constant whinging!

Anyone any advice on what i can take to help the pain? X

You can take 1gram of paracetamol at a time, just no more than 4 grams in any 24 hours. Your normal tablets will only be 250 mg so see if you can get the stronger ones, usually just in the supermarket. You can have co-codamol instead of paracetamol but I think a pharmacist would be reluctant to give you it without having seen a Dr. But if you have an infection or something which is pressing or damaging the nerve then it might be quite difficult to keep that pain at bay since nerve pain can be a bit more difficult to calm. Good Luck!!! :hug:

Hey - went to the emergency dentist this morning...turns out I have a knackered wisdom tooth and it's gotta come out :-( They cant do it before I go on hols so they've prescribed me some anti biotics - aparently they're safe to take when preg. Gonna speak to MW when I see her tomorrow and see if she can sort me out with some better painkillers.

Currently taking 1 x 500mg paracetamol when it gets too much. Really hope anti biotics help and it doesn't ruin our hols :-(

Hi :) I'm a dental nurse - antibiotics should take the swelling down and reduce the pain so hopefully you'll be ok! Don't be nervous about having it taken out, you'll be totally numb and the dentist should check this before he starts. Once it's gone you won't have to worry about it anymore :) xx

^^^^ How handy you are to have about! Hehe! :)

It's just that everyone I know has had wisdom teeth out under GA so i'm freaking out that it'll be under local! I've not been to the dentist in 3 years (so it's my own damn fault!) and to be suddenly told I need teeth out scared the crap outta me! I'm going to go back when we get home from hols and get it over and done with!
Worse thing was that once i'd geared myself up for it she didn't have enough time to get it out! lol! x

ahh hun! I hope the antibiotics work, wisodm tooth infections can really make you feel rotten, I hope the antibiotics kick in, so you can have a good holiday. Ive got an impacted wisdom tooth at the mo, but cos its not infected my dentist is waiting until Ive had the baby to sort it out. Im really scared too :( I think Im gonna need to be sedated beforehand!

They said the wouldn't give me a GA until after i've given birth. I'd love to wait but if this pain carries on then i'm just gonna have to bite the bullet! Might drag OH along so he can hold my hand! Haha! He had is taken out last year and says it's fine so I should be ok - I just panic over nothing! x

Hope the pain gets better so you don't have to worry about it while you're on holiday :hug: Last time I had anything done at the dentist I fell asleep :blush: ...so at least it's possible for them to be gentle and not cause any pain :lol:

Hope the pain eases and doesn't ruin your holiday. Where are you going honey? x

Me and the OH have a dainty little caravan - Haha! We're both WAY too old before our time! - So we're towing it down to Cornwall for 2 weeks! I've been going every year for the past 4 now - absolutley love it! The beaches and countryside is breathtaking! Cant wait to take the LO next year! Benefits of caravanning it is cheap cheap hols! :)

Pain isn't too bad now - dentist said anti biotics will take a good 24-48 hours to kick into my blood stream. If worse comes to worse, i'll just have to go to an emergency dentist down in Cornwall. x

ah well at least youre not leaving the UK. Im not sure Id want to see a dentist in some of the countries Ive been to! Enjoy Cornwall xxx

Hope you have a great relaxing holiday, i would have loved a holiday before baby william arrives but it just didn't happen, really ran out of time! Lets hope the sun comes back out soon and i will pretend i'm on holiday in my back garden instead x

:dance:i'm dental nurse 2. the antiobiotics shud take 24/48 hours to work so shudnt belong and you shud get some sort of relief.
rinse out with some corsodyl mouthwash 2 will help 2 keep it clean

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice girls! Pain seems to be keeping at bay :) Thank god! Cant wait to go on hol now! Plus we've got our 4D scan in the morning before we go!! :yay: x

Thanks for the advice girls! Pain seems to be keeping at bay :) Thank god! Cant wait to go on hol now! Plus we've got our 4D scan in the morning before we go!! :yay: x
are u'll love it i had mine last saturday and cant stop looking at the pics. make sure u post ur pics when u get back from hols x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back