OH is demented and wants to come home.. ideas? *editx2*

kadesmummy

Reaction score
OH works in a supermarket, and his shift is 7am-9pm, they don't get proper breaks and today the bosses are being proper shits and he really can't stand it anymore - he's searching for another job like mad but being that there are hardly any jobs right now it looks as if he'll be stuck in there till after Logan is born, plus we need the money so he can't just up and leave and say 'stuff your job!'. He's just phoned me in tears and says he needs to come home for the day and i'm not really a objecting because i am ILL =/ and can hardly move to look after myself, never mind Kade lol.

Any ideas of what excuse he could use, so the bosses would let him out of his shift for the day? (before he cracks up and tells them to shove it!)

EDIT - just worried if he takes it higher they will fire him, he's on this 3 months trial, and can get fired at any time aparantly and they don't need to give you a reason? (that's what he was told!) and aparantly people we know were in the supermarket and heard his boss talking about him saying he was going to try and cut all his hours to kinda drive him out, so needless to say we're a bit scared and don't really want to stir anything up unncessarly.

EDIT - He said to them had to go home because of a family emergency and got told he couldn't because there was only 3 people on, lovely.
xx

diarrhoea, a relative who's already dead is dying, family crisis, the boiler has burst and you need help as living room is flooding (this actually happened to us!), sorry i am running out of crap ideas!

mum's the word said:
diarrhoea, a relative who's already dead is dying, family crisis, the boiler has burst and you need help as living room is flooding (this actually happened to us!), sorry i am running out of crap ideas!

The diarrhoea one won't work because he actually had a really bad dose one day and they kept him there lol poor sod x

I use to call OH's work 'in tears' saying i needed him to come as i had to go to hospital! I was having a few pains so he'd just get the message and leave. I was pregnant at the time.

Aww hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Maybe his bosses are putting him under pressure so that he will leave instead of having to make him redundant because of the whole credit crunch? Its just I have heard of that happening lately where the staff are almost bullied so they are forced to leave. Either way, its a horrible situation.. :wall:

What supermarket does he work for and what department that sounds like to long a day without proper breaks,

My hubby works in one he does shifts that average 9 hours in that he gets 1 one hour lunch break and 2 15 min breaks, by law they have to give you those breaks, unless something is stated in the contract, he needs to talk to his manager and explain he is not gettin breaks and he is struggling, my hubby had to do this once,
he ended up going to the doctor and got a sick note got signed off work for a week due to stress, maybe this is an option for your oh, then he has a wee to sort himself out and see what he wants to do, when he goes back he should see the manager and talk to him about why he was off

hope this makes sense, just dont go down the route of pulling sick days he could end up in trouble and on a probationary period

xxx

baby-storm said:
What supermarket does he work for and what department that sounds like to long a day without proper breaks,

My hubby works in one he does shifts that average 9 hours in that he gets 1 one hour lunch break and 2 15 min breaks, by law they have to give you those breaks, unless something is stated in the contract, he needs to talk to his manager and explain he is not gettin breaks and he is struggling, my hubby had to do this once,
he ended up going to the doctor and got a sick note got signed off work for a week due to stress, maybe this is an option for your oh, then he has a wee to sort himself out and see what he wants to do, when he goes back he should see the manager and talk to him about why he was off

hope this makes sense, just dont go down the route of pulling sick days he could end up in trouble and on a probationary period

xxx

He was briefed b4 he started 'you don't get proper breaks but when folk phone to check up, you just say you do, that's what everyone does' and they are kept going with energy drinks etc.

:( its awful. He doesnt get anything to eat most days because he has no time..

Erm yeah that's illiegal

If I was him I would tell them I am going for a break, if they tried to fire him for it they wouldn't stand a chance in court.

If he needs to come home I would ring and say you are throwing up all the time and need to go to the docs but can't drive.

kadesmummy said:
He was briefed b4 he started 'you don't get proper breaks but when folk phone to check up, you just say you do, that's what everyone does' and they are kept going with energy drinks etc.

thats totally wrong, just spoke to hubby this is what he said:::
Dont suppose he works for aldi or lidls does he?! they are the worst supermarket company to ork for, He needs to see a doc get a sick note and take things up with higher bods, this is nothing short of slave labour, as for coming home today, just say family emergencey if they kick up stink and try sack him, then you have even more of an arguement to takethis a lot further

Sending you both :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

baby-storm said:
kadesmummy said:

thats totally wrong, just spoke to hubby this is what he said:::
Dont suppose he works for aldi or lidls does he?! they are the worst supermarket company to ork for, He needs to see a doc get a sick note and take things up with higher bods, this is nothing short of slave labour, as for coming home today, just say family emergencey if they kick up stink and try sack him, then you have even more of an arguement to takethis a lot further

Sending you both :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

He does indeed work for Lidl lol x

:shock: That's wrong.

In the long run he'l prob be off ill because he isn't eating enough!! They are treating staff like slaves :evil:

:shock: I can't believe they are treating staff like that and getting away with it :shock:

mrs_tommo22 said:
Its illegal and i would be taking it further.

Yes this is not right and he should take it to the bosses.

Like others have said its slave labor.

By law your entitled to breaks.

Speak to a solicitor hun.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Keeping him going with energy drinks is dangerous! They need to stop treating staff like this!

Im actually feeling really angry for you and him, this is totally wrong, do you have a copy of his employment contract if not can you get hold of one?

Meanwhile can he apply to any other supermarkets around? he has supermarket experiance so that should help, I know he is prob looking for something other then a supermarket but it would at least get him out of there for now

Hope everythig goes ok, and defo seek advice,

baby-storm said:
Im actually feeling really angry for you and him, this is totally wrong, do you have a copy of his employment contract if not can you get hold of one?

Meanwhile can he apply to any other supermarkets around? he has supermarket experiance so that should help, I know he is prob looking for something other then a supermarket but it would at least get him out of there for now

Hope everythig goes ok, and defo seek advice,

Yeah, he worked in Morrisons b4 Lidl so he has experience, just Tesco isn't hiring and that's the only other supermarket around here x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back