OH won't let me go to work

laetitia85

Reaction score
He thinks I'm not fit enough to go. he doesn't want me to force myself but my job is an office job! it's not too demanding!

I'm trying to make him understand that pregnancy is not a disability or a disease but he wants me to take a few more days off, as I did last week. He thinks I'm making too much effort and therefore affecting the baby.

I really want to go because I feel fine, and also I like making my own money and not rely on him so much but he insists on 'providing' for both of us for the next few weeks.
I've just told him I'm going to start my shift at 9am tomorrow and he went mad. He's not being strict or controlling, he's just overreacting, being over-sensitive, over-supportive, over-protective, all 'for my own good and for the sake of the baby' as he puts it! :wall: :wall: :wall: :? :?

yes but why is he being such a girl over it???? :rotfl: he won't even let me pour my own water because 'the bottle is too heavy' :shock:

AW he sounds so lovely and caring from what you say on this forum, you are so lucky!!!

That makes a change from some of the men I know. In my last couple of weeks at work I needed to sit down quite a bit (too hot and swollen feet and ankles) and one of my colleagues said 'women in other countries just get on with it until they drop then go back to work after the baby is born- stop complainig! :shock:

this coming from a man who will never in his life bare(sp) a child :evil:

tangerinedream said:
That makes a change from some of the men I know. In my last couple of weeks at work I needed to sit down quite a bit (too hot and swollen feet and ankles) and one of my colleagues said 'women in other countries just get on with it until they drop then go back to work after the baby is born- stop complainig! :shock:

this coming from a man who will never in his life bare(sp) a child :evil:

Oh yeah people are always on about the cotton pickers who give birth at the side of the field and then carry on working straight after :roll: :rotfl:

Chat to your MW aboiut it and then take him along with you, or find some reading for him.
Explain that the baby is fine and wont be affected by your job, thats why they give you a maternity leave time.Explain not much longer and youl be on leave anyways!

Aw he sounds like a sweetie, this world needs more men like that! I want my son to grow up to be that considerate - his mum did a good job there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back