Oh dear god no! 3 month old & toddler stabbed to death

I can't take this on board i've still not come to terms with what happened to baby p it keeps playing on my mind. But it does sound like the mother was very ill.

Kids have been named & the mother has been sectionned. I just read that she was seen yesterday talking & shouting to herself in the street and police were called at 2.50pm but couldnt find them until they got another call just after 5pm.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK..._To_Death_In_Cheetam_Hill,_Greater_Manchester

They are beautiful, happy looking children so I really think there is something seriously wrong with the mother

Those poor boys :( Sam is sat here babbling away, I love him with every bone in my body.
I just can't comprehend how anyone can hurt their babies.

Minime said:
Kids have been named & the mother has been sectionned. I just read that she was seen yesterday talking & shouting to herself in the street and police were called at 2.50pm but couldnt find them until they got another call just after 5pm.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK..._To_Death_In_Cheetam_Hill,_Greater_Manchester

They are beautiful, happy looking children so I really think there is something seriously wrong with the mother

Yes, she's quite obviously psychotic and had completely lost it.

Where's the father?

No word can be said really..... its to sad.

RIP little ones

things like this make me ashamed to be human, its so so sad :cry:

She was obviously very very ill. I feel so sorry for her in all honesty, a moment of severe illness has destroyed her life and i bet she will never recover :(

Nothing like the baby P case though in my opinion, they were just pure evil.

The saddest thing is when she recovers and realises what she is done, what will that do to her? What an absolute tragedy :(

I wish she had got the help she so obviously needed. Such a tragedy. :cry:

Slinky Sarah said:
She was obviously very very ill. I feel so sorry for her in all honesty, a moment of severe illness has destroyed her life and i bet she will never recover :(

Nothing like the baby P case though in my opinion, they were just pure evil.
I agree! I heard this on the radio the other morning and was discussing it with OH! He was like "she should be tortured etc etc " but I said she will have far worse when she gets better in the future and has to live with what she did!
I cant understand though how so many "known to social services" people are killing or seriously hurting children?! I have purposely not read any details on Baby P case as I wouldnt be able to handle it right now! Why had they had so many visits and yet with that outcome! :( They really need to sort out what they are doing and change a good few things! It needs to stop! They encourage people to report what they think is a case of abuse etc then do nothing!?

lea m said:
I cant understand though how so many "known to social services" people are killing or seriously hurting children?! I have purposely not read any details on Baby P case as I wouldnt be able to handle it right now! Why had they had so many visits and yet with that outcome! :( They really need to sort out what they are doing and change a good few things! It needs to stop! They encourage people to report what they think is a case of abuse etc then do nothing!?

I was thinking this earlier. The Kids ive read about are nearly always known to social services but then this still happenes :(

Rachel said:
lea m said:

I was thinking this earlier. The Kids ive read about are nearly always known to social services but then this still happenes :(

I don't think you can blame the social services too much in this case. Yes, the kids were known to them, but so are many others. These kids hadn't been injured before the way Baby P had.

If anything, what went wrong with the police?? Two 999 calls were made by the GP's surgery. They must have been REALLY concerned to make a 999 call about the mother.

And also, what about the family and friends? I have to ask where they were? This woman was/is quite clearly desperately ill, surely somebody close to her should have realised and stepped in?

Obviously, I'm not in possession of all the facts in this case, but I'm pretty sure if I started to exhibit symptoms of psychosis (and it doesn't just come on in ten seconds flat) there are plenty of people around me who would take charge for the sake of the kids. I know it's easier said than done, but surely if strangers at the Doctors surgery were so worried they dialled 999, somebody close to her MUST have had concerns???

another horrible story- these sad stories are filling me full of hatred and disgust :(

I don't know much about this but it sounds like the mother completely lost it!!! It's incredibly sad.

What is going on!!! There have been several appauling stories in the press recently (I've posted my bit in another thread about Baby P).

No risk is too little when it comes to little children. I was reading the other night that half of all children who are killed or seriously harmed by their carers are babies under a year old (and something like a further 30 percent are preschool age children). I'm very aware that, on the other end of the scale, children have been taken from their parents unneccessarily, but some serious reforms need to be made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back