OFF Topic, Question about flying when pregnant!

Lynzlogan87

Reaction score
A Tad off Topic, as i'm still TTC, but i'm going on holiday with OH, My Dad, Sister and DS in August.

Sister wants to book a 2 week holiday to Malta, From the 25th August till 7th September 2010.

If i fell pregnant this month, i'd be due Around October 4th 2010,
Would i be allowed to Fly this late in pregnancy?

Also what if i fell pregnant next month, then i'd be Due Mid November would that be better for flying? If so then i might put it off this month and start TTC again next month.

If it helps when pregnant with DS1 i had no complications, BP was always fine, Was only a day early etc etc.

Any advice you can give will be appreciated!

I'm not 100% sure but i think you have to get a permission slip off your doctor to fly late in pregnancy, maybe off your MW. I hope someone has a more deffinate answer for you xx

My first one was due on the 22nd October and I flew on the 12th September. I got a letter from my midwife just incase saying I was fit to fly but obviously the further along you are the more tricky it can be :) Hope it helps x

The airline will most probably request a doctor's letter stating you are fit and well and not about to drop! I flew at 24 weeks long haul and had to get a letter. I would check with the airline regarding how late you can fly as they all have different policies :)

Most airlines will take you up until the end of the 2nd Trimester - 27/28 weeks ish. After that it depends on their policy. Some will flat refuse and others will require a Drs note :)

I agree with Mervs Mum, I looked into this as was flying to Canada Sept time, but it really is down to the airline only. If you know who she is booking it with you can go on their website and look at their policy. Some will take you up to 38 weeks even with a drs note, other only up to 35 weeks. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back