Off to the pediatrician this pm. :-(

leannesxb

Reaction score
Actually couldn't sleep last night as I was so worried about today had these sudden irrational feelings that they would find something terribly wrong with my baby. :-(

Just hope that we get some answers and it is something so simple and easily treated. Everyone keep those fx for us. xxxxx

I'm sure everything will be ok, you'll see. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Fx it is something simple that can be treated easily Hun. Xxx

Will be thinking of you... Fingers crossed all is well. Xx

Got my fingers crossed for you hun. Whatever the matter is at least you're off to see an expert and you'll be in the right hands

Thats what I told myself before Harry's hospital appointment yesterday xx

Crossing my fingers for you I hope everything gets sorted.

good luck and fingers crossed its nothing serious at all.hope you come away with some help!!

look forward to hearing updates xxxxxxxxxxx

Well I was made to feel very stupid by the pediatrician they said AJ just has severe colic and I should just deal with it for the next 6 weeks or so when he'll grow out of it. He has started to be better very gradually the past few days. I feel a fool now like I was making a total fuss over such a normal thing babies have. Its left me a bit down really but thats just something I have to deal with. Its a huge relief that obviously theres nothing wrong with him bar a nasty case of colic. Thanks for all your support though ladies. xxxxxxxxxx

Great that there is nothing seriously wrong with him hun.

Im sorry they made you feel like that, I worry I'll get told the same thing.

Have you tried the colief medicine?

yeh but so much was going on at the same time so don't know if it worked or not. Been giving him infacol religiously (double dose) and putting gaviscon in his milk which seems to thicken the milk so he isn't gulping it down. Have to give him a daily dose of lactulose to get things moving cos of the gaviscon too. But ealier he had 3ozs before being burped normally only a ounce a time and then had 2 more but fell asleep on my shoulder whilst I was burping him so I just kept patting his back and in his sleep he let out two big burps. x

Don't be feeling silly at all, Charlie had severe colic and i used to sit crying thinking something worse was happening...is he your first? Sorry they made you feel stupid, its better safe than sorry in my opinion and at least you know that's all it is, but its still a horrible thing to watch them go through. I used to put Charlie across my legs and his tummy would go in the gap between them and relieve the pressure off his tummy iykwim? I'm hoping baby number 2 doesn't have colic, I don't miss that at all! Hope it passes for you soon its not nice but once they're a bit.older and can position themselves into a comfy position you'll notice a big change :) x

wel in a way at least its not something medically serious but severe colic is just as bad in a way cause its so hard to deal with!!! all you can do is keep researching how to treat it and keep trying new things. ive heard about a man that treats it in like a therapy kind of way... ill try find out where i heard it from and get back to you cause i cant remember the name of it (but i do know its in london)

xxxxxxx

The good thing about colic is that it usually resolves itself after some time, usually at about 3 months old, if not before. This may seem a long time away now, but you'll get there before you know it. My first daughter had horrendous colic and I felt terrible about it - you're not stupid at all!!!!!! - and at 3 months it was gone and she transformed from a constantly crying baby into the smiliest and happiest little girl in the world. So there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel for you!

Glad its colic and nothing more serious. Sorry they made you feel that way in no way does it make you silly! Glad he's beginning to improve slightly xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

What an ignorant barsteward!!! Making a mum feel like that!!! As if your not upset as it is with all the problems you have been having!! Annoys me that!! Don't know who people think they are these days!

Hope your ok hun. Echo what the girls said, glad it isn't anything serious!

And it may seem like a while of 12 weeks but it will soon come round xxx

Well I was made to feel very stupid by the pediatrician they said AJ just has severe colic and I should just deal with it for the next 6 weeks or so when he'll grow out of it. He has started to be better very gradually the past few days. I feel a fool now like I was making a total fuss over such a normal thing babies have. Its left me a bit down really but thats just something I have to deal with. Its a huge relief that obviously theres nothing wrong with him bar a nasty case of colic. Thanks for all your support though ladies. xxxxxxxxxx

Glad it's something "normal" but then again it's severe. Bertie has colic but after a couple of burps and my trusty infacol he's ok, he's not breaking his heart over it an screaming in pain like AJ is. I don't think you have anything to feel foolish over at all, AJ has been suffering badly and you have tried everything you can to help him.

Don't let it get to you, at least you know it's nothing really bad and that you've totally done the right thing getting him seen :hug: xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back