.. October 2016 Mummies - Second Trimester ..

Hey ladies

I have only 2 weeks here left! Ahhh where has the time went!?

Yeah Ive did it both sides, we announced our first really early over facbeook because we were younger and super excited so I didnt really bother back then, however this time I only announced at 20w and even announced later with my family too. So as much as I can say I learned my lesson from first time round I can also appreciate some people are just excited and wanting to scream their news from the world. Each to their own. Although hormones do make us more ratty about things like that. I remember before having Jackson Id always not understand people getting annoyed at name stealing or reusing - fast forward after Jackson was born and someone close used the name - I was livid! :lol: Hormones do funny things to us.

I need to put my maternity leave in today, which I am surprised about because on looking I actually have 3 weeks annual leave, so gives me a long weekend - a week off in July then Ill stop in 11weeks this Friday basically. Eep!

This month Ive got to take time off and get the house sorted, blinds, bathroom then its on to the bedroom when I get paid.

xxxx

Hey ladies... 24 week MW appt this morning, low BP, picked protein up in my urine too and my thyroid levels are too low so a bit hmmmmphhhh'd about it all!

Had to have my thyroid levels checked again to be sure and was told not to worry about BP as it's apparently normal and the protein in urine is sometimes a trace of a UTI so they've sent it off to the lab to be checked so hopefully all is well. Nothing else to report though, my OH is finally able to feel baby kicking which is really nice but he's had quite a quiet last few days and then BOOM the kicks came back stronger and more frequent so thinking he's had a growth spurt.

Got my pram, a 2nd hand Stokke Xplory V3. Absolute barg of a lady I used to work with so very happy.

xx

I have just put in my maternity leave dates!!!! Eep!

I actually found out that I have an extra week to take because of the public holidays that I wont get using.

So I finish up on 26/08/2016 at 34weeks, MAT leave officially commencing 38weeks.

And, I have a week annual leave to use in July - with 2 days spare....

I am hardly going to be here after this month! 3 weeks to work in July and 3 weeks in August. Not bad going.

I will also have a couple public holidays from April entitlement onward - and a full year to use again on returning in June.

xxxxx

Last edited:
Oh my gosh im so jealous haha! That sounds great though. Im taking 30 weeks starting 3rd Oct so should take me upto end Apr. Ive no leave left, ive a week before i go off booked end of Sept booked before i was even pregnant. Ive 14 weeks of work to go. Woo.

Last edited:
I've got 10 weeks left working with a weeks holiday breaking it all up, then a weeks holiday on 5th September before my maternity leave starts 12th September, I'm counting it down!!! Haha x

Mac hope ur ok. Everyone starting to plan their leave now! Exciting xx

Aww thanks. Im hanging in there, really nred to go to gp to talk about my mental health. Not looking forward to it. Anyway had my rescan for 20 week today, went well, heart is good still just kidney only issue. Baby was sucking its thumb, very cute. Need to get my arse in gear, cant decide on a pram and other than wardrobe and a cot ive nothing in. Just cant seem to keep on top of life, work is so unbelievably draining! Just 14 weeks!

Awh lovely! You still think baby is a boy? Ur job is very demanding tho by the sounds of it especially the night shifts. I have bought nothing yet. Think I will get Moses Basket soon tho xx

Last edited:
Up until three weeks ago i was convinced a girl but now cant shake that its a boy so weird! The kidney thing is more common in boys but i guess im waiting until October! I think im going to get a chicco next to me, just cant stop thinking about it i really really like it. My friend is going to give me her moses basket to have downstairs which is handy and very kind of her!

Anyone else had their whooping cough jab yet? I had mine on Monday and all my arm is red and itchy where I had it. Other than that I am fine but its so irritating lol xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had mines at 16 weeks! Arm was dead for a day or two and i kept lying on it when i was asleep, it hurt but other than that it was grand.

Here's an interesting one for you all ;) what will your little ones be wearing for the first few months? Who thinks that baby grows are for sleeping and they should be in trousers/tops when going out? I plan to keep her in baby grows as long as we are in the house or just out and about etc, but will put her in trousers and a top or long sleeved bodysuit and cardigan when we visit or actually have something on :) interested to know what you all think! x

My daughter pretty much lived in baby grows for the first few months apart from xmas and other 'events'. I will be doing the same for this one too. It is easier when changing little bums so often lol. And to me they look so much comfier when baby is sleeping all the time xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not buying any outfits and hope we get given some, otherwise baby will just be in baby grows. I might buy one or two outfits for special outings if we don't get given any xx

I like little sleepsuit sets so like matching hat bib but a baby grow.

I'm not like dead against it but I've seen friends babies in like addidas jog suits from new born and it's not my thing.

I think it differs for a wee girl too sometimes they have little pretty cotton dresses and tights and some babies look cute in them but I am not overly keen on like jeans etc.

Jackson didn't wear his shoes for ages he mainly had wee booties or a baby grow with thin socks under if it was cold.

xxxxx

I don't get on here as much as I used to. It's been a horrible week. We were supposed to find out if our jobs are safe on Monday but they told us in the morning that the letters weren't ready yet. So we find out on Friday. I'm worrying myself silly that I'll have to reapply for my job.

Monday and Tuesday at work were hell but luckily I had today off. I've been feeling really low and headachy. I don't know whether to call in sick tomorrow as I don't feel like I can cope with worrying.

I'm probably being stupid, it's a 50:50 chance that I'll have to reapply for my job and there's nothing I can do about it. Just bad timing!

I'm also scared I'm just going to burst into tears on Friday if it's bad news as I don't seem to be able to control my emotions at the moment.

On a positive note, I had my 25 weeks midwife appointment today and all is well. It was lovely to hear baby's heartbeat again xx

nice to see you three have similar opinions to myself haha! I don't mind whether people think she is dressed in her pyjamas or not, she's comfy and that's all I care about haha. Hope it all goes ok on Friday D3bbie xx

Last edited:
:hugs: Debbie - I hope that it all works out for you and they wont make you reapply!

xxxx

Can't actually believe it! We've had our name picked since I was about 12 weeks gone, absolutely in love with it! And we couldn't seem to find very many people with the name which made it all the more special. So of course today when a woman from work is asking how long do you have left, boy or girl ..all the usual questions! She turns round and says aw my little one is 8 in afew months, she's called ****. Yup you guessed it, the name we have for our little girl!!!!! I can't believe it haha. It's not the fact someone has the same name, that was bound to happen! Just makes it so awkward when she asks what we called her and I say "****" and she's like wtf? Hahaha, ohwell tho! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back