Obstetric Cholestasis

So your saying my consultants and doctors put me at risk by inducing?? Ibdont think so. Clearly your consultants and mine work differently. How they would allow an OC pregnancy go full term with a stillbirth risk is beyond me. Just dangerous

Also your little link still doesn't prove anything. It still states the high risk of stillbirths after 37 weeks. This thread us based on my experience. And until I'm told otherwise from my consultants and midwives then ill stick to what they are telling me.

So your saying my consultants and doctors put me at risk by inducing?? Ibdont think so. Clearly your consultants and mine work differently. How they would allow an OC pregnancy go full term with a stillbirth risk is beyond me. Just dangerous

Also your little link still doesn't prove anything. It still states the high risk of stillbirths after 37 weeks. This thread us based on my experience. And until I'm told otherwise from my consultants and midwives then ill stick to what they are telling me.

I'm not saying anything. What I'm objecting to is you claiming that it's "not allowed" or "dangerous" to go past 37 weeks and/or to not be induced.

My "little link" specifically states that induction should be discussed and the patient should be made aware of increased risks from intervention after 37 weeks in order to make an informed decision. At no point does it state that induction is compulsory. The links also state that risk of stillbirth is actually believed to be low and not measurably different to the population as a whole.

I'm not saying your consultant is or was wrong to induce early, I'm saying that it is a choice and that both early induction and waiting for spontaeneous labour have their risks, it's up to the individual to decide which they feel is greater and decide whether or not they want to be induced based on their individual circumstances.

For me personally, unless there are other factors, if my LFTs and bile acids etc can be managed with UDCA, I would rather monitor foetal movement and growth and wait for spontaeneous labour.

If you feel you would rather be induced early, that's your right and I am not going to say you are wrong or being reckless for choosing that.
Likewise I would hope that given the guidelines state the patient should be given all the information to make an informed decision on whether to be induced or not, I would hope you wouldn't vilify me or anyone else who chooses not to be induced.

My toes are terribly itcy and palms too plus everywhere else forearms r red at times im hoping not to go full term as currently in hospital with pre eclampsia il b 34weeks on saturday an thf itch is starting go get worse im sure ig appeared at 34weeks last time xx

Phoenix, this thread isn't for you to give lecture on information about OC. I have the Information I need from midwives and consultants. This is about an experience I've had and information I've been given. So until I've been told differently from a guideline from my consultant, keep it to yourself. So maybe if you want, make your own thread with the info you have. Thanks!!

Kaz, if any concern hun about your experience of the itch. They don't mind giving a blood test. Just to be safe. :) also what are the signs of Pre Eclampsia? Xx

When I was induced August 2014 they told me that there is conflicting info over stillbirth risk and oc. However they will always recommend as a precaution that you don't go to term due to increased risk but they did say it was my decision. I went ahead based on the fact I couldn't bare a still birth knowing I could have prevented it. But I guess each to their own xx

I was offered induction but was also told it was the best and recommended thing to do at that time. I was also told they don't allow someone to go full term. Hence being induced at 36+5. But it didn't work so had to have the drip and waters broke at 37 weeks. They didn't want to risk keeping me as I was any longer than that.
I agree keeptrying, no one would risk full term knowing a stillbirth is possible. X

There are some experts who no longer recommend premature delivery due to ICP, however I have never met anyone who allows ICP moms to carry past 39 weeks. I am not saying that they do not exist, just that I have never seen one.

The increased risk in subsequent pregnancies is pretty well known and, to my knowledge, has not been disputed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back