• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Obleak baby position.

For a planned cesarean they try and make it around 39 weeks, they aim to make it as close to your due date as possible (so that baby's lungs are as mature as possible) but before youre most likely to go into labour.

You could maybe speak to the midwife or doctor about something called ECV (External Cephalic Version) which aims to move the baby into the best position for birth, some people will do it, some wont, it all depends on your circumstances and the people involved in your care. :)

Also I really wouldn't advise labour with a baby in an oblique lie, not only is it very unlikely that bub will actually deliver naturally and she cant navigate the pelvis properly unless her head goes in at the right angle, the last thing you want is a hand/foot or especially not a cord coming first!

I really hope she turns for you hun, if you have any questions let me know as its something i know quite a lot about x

Thanks els!
tbh id rather them just book me in for a c section if shes still lying obliquely next week.
Next sunday ill be 38 weeks so dnt have long to go till im 39 weeks.
seems so much better than risking giving birth naturally as i wouldnt be calm through the labour etc as well as id just be worried about anything going wrong.

But the midwife said they wouldnt induce me etc (although this was a brief 2 min chat in the corridor) id jst have to stay in until i give birth and went into labour naturally.
But i wonder if i can ask to speak with a doctor/someone higher up than a midwife so i can tell them my reasons for wanting a c sec and see what they say..
I have a 20 month old son so its really not ideal me staying in for weeks for it to happen naturally as well, been getting into a right state about it as i really dont want to be without him for that long :(

Last edited:
Well hopefully she will have turned! But if not and they do send you into hospital it will be a doctors (&your) decision what happens (caesarean/waiting). The midwife will look after you in hosp, but all decisions will be taken out of her hands and its up to a doctor. But i'm 99% sure they wont induce you if still oblique.

If bub is still oblique, you should be given the chance to speak to a doctor about your preferences/concerns and he should take these into consideration before making a plan of care! If no one gives you the chance to speak to a doctor (which they should) let them know that this is what you want to do!

I completely understand why you don't want to stay in, hospitals aren't nice places at the best of times, let alone when you feel like there's nothing wrong with you and you have little ones at home!

Try not to panic though sweet, the only things i can suggest for getting baby to turn would be anything that involves you on all fours, crawling, scrubbing the floors ect! Apart from that, im afraid its just a wait and see what happens at your next scan!

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back