Baby position

LinsG

Reaction score
For the past 2 months or so baby has been head down. This weekend though it decided to have a bit of shift and do a 180. Its head is now under my ribs and has been all weekend. At what stage should i be concerned about the baby being in the wrong position?? I know i'm only 31 weeks now, but i can't help being a little anxious

:think: Dunno... But Tia turned at 36 weeks despite being told she wouldn't and I'd need a c section (that was at 22 weeks)... So you still have a while yet for him to turn...

Start eating lots of ice cream, you'll give the baby brain freeze and it should turn round again... :hug:

i shouldnt worry too much at this stage, babies usually turn back head down in last couple weeks, mine did. maybe mention it to your midwife on your next appointment

my bubs was still breech at 34 weeks but then turned head down thankfully :pray: hope your baby turns too! if your mw is in doubt about the position at 36 wks you should get a presentation scan to see :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls, don't feel as worried now. Tried the ice cream thing last night but i think the lil b**gr enjoyed it!! :wall:

I was told to sit forwards on a chair or gym ball, or to spend time on hands and knees to try and encourage baby into the right position :) I wouldn't worry too much for a couple of weeks :hug: :hug:

I was told that with first time mums, babies turn early.

Also, they can change position, esp if you are a tall woman. No need to worry, I think the average time for a baby to turn is 34 weeks. My LO turned around 31 weeks but I went this morning for a check up and he'd shifted position, sideways.............think he is just akward lol Any how, he will change back to head down soon.

I don't think you need to worry at all, your baby has enough time to get into position as it is.

My landlords wife gave birth about 6 weeks ago, her baby hadn't gone head down until 38 weeks, she gave birth 6 days after :shock:

My baby suddenly turned from head down at 34 weeks to being breech at 36 weeks. I had a scan and was told that my baby wouldnt be able to move on its own back to head down, so was offered an ecv at 37 weeks or was to be booked in for a c section at 38 weeks.
I went for the ecv and despite all the bad things ive heard about it i honestly didnt feel a thing and it was over in about a minute and luckily the doctor managed to turn the baby, and i was able to give birth to Nathan with no problems.

just got our new bouncer and maisy loves it. at first she was a bit shocked, looked at me as if to say "if your over there.....whos holding me?"
will post pics soon

I have midwife appointment today so I will ask her how late on the baby can move. Was just wondering what position mine is as I often get a hard lump just to the right of my belly button and would love to know whether it's a head or a bum or what!

Your LO will let you know when he/she has gone head down, by constantly kicking you in the ribs :rotfl:

suzy100 said:
i shouldnt worry too much at this stage, babies usually turn back head down in last couple weeks, mine did. maybe mention it to your midwife on your next appointment
OOOOOPPPS wrong post lol

Just got back - my baby is breech too (and was the last time so I wonder if it's going to stay there...) and the midwife didn't seem too concerned. She said they'd start looking at it more seriously at 36 weeks.

Squiglet said:
:think: Dunno... But Tia turned at 36 weeks despite being told she wouldn't and I'd need a c section (that was at 22 weeks)... So you still have a while yet for him to turn...

Start eating lots of ice cream, you'll give the baby brain freeze and it should turn round again... :hug:

how could they tell you at 22 weeks that your baby wouldn't turn? it's too early to say. babies can definately turn after that. and yours did. can't believe the info they give sometimes... :think:

I agree laetitia85 :roll: Two close friends of mine have both had LO's turn as labour started, though both said it was not very comfortable, for obvious reasons.

My little fella had his head down and started to engage from 34 weeks, but my midwife said that he could move again,
im not too sure what she said about when its time for concern
i dont think its that badder thing till like later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back