nursing in public :)

x-misspinkuk-x

Reaction score
i always said i would feel really uncomfortable feeding littleman in public, but i love it!
i brought a mama scarf ( like a sling type thing) from ebay for £14 it covers everything. and i can still see baby
ive fed on front of all the family, our local wetherspoons and the doctor surgery reception. today were going to the park, so planning on doing it their too :dance:

i love the old ladies when im feeding, they start smiling :)

where has everyone NIP?
xx

Woo hoo!

I NIP everywhere! Blake doesn't seem to follow any feeding pattern so he gets it where and whenever he wants.

B&Q bedroom display has to be my favourite/most obscure though. Nobody realised. Think they thought I was just holding him.

I was thinking of getting a mama scarf. Are they worth it? X

I do it everywhere to and I don't even cover up any more! I only wear v neck tops and I get Isla in to position first then pop it out for her. I love seeing how excited she gets!!

Well done ladies :)

Emma xx

i normally just pop it out aswell but i pick my places. if he start to winge and i know i will g ot o the car in 10 min i dont swing it out in the middle of tesco. I go to costa alot n i swing my boobs around there every week. I normally have a vest under my top so i can just lift it up n let me boob out so most of the breast is covered but the not the nipple and noa feeding.

George is similar to Blake - no real pattern to his feeding so just feed when he needs. Tend to wear a vest top under another top so covered up but sometimes use a pashmina if I want a bit of extra cover. Yesterday went for a walk with mums from my NCT group and 3 of us ended up having to feed and walk :)

When I was pregnant again I thought how will I ever feed in public, I'm too embarrassed but its funny how you change and now it's just a case of well the baby is hungry and needs his milk so I just get on with it! I only have 1 nice nursing top from mothercare though so I tend to wear that if im going to be feeding somewhere quite public. If my family are in I'll drape my dressing gown over us lol

Ive always been totally against NIP purely because I think it embarrassed me rather than the mothers who were feeding their babies. Now its me expecting, I may change my mind although Im not sure about breast feeding yet 100%

Good for you! I was always too embarrassed, wish I hadn't been, as it would have been so much easier xxx

Woo hoo!

I NIP everywhere! Blake doesn't seem to follow any feeding pattern so he gets it where and whenever he wants.

B&Q bedroom display has to be my favourite/most obscure though. Nobody realised. Think they thought I was just holding him.

I was thinking of getting a mama scarf. Are they worth it? X

totally worth it hun. i love the fact i can still see littleman and there is a little pocket in the inside too, so you can put breastpads in there. the best £14 ive spent lol.
i hated covering LO up with a muslin - i couldnt see him!
ive tried feeding without my scarf and with just a vest an normal top, but my boobs kept showing hehe. my boobies are hidden with the scarf though :) xxxx

Me three with the loving nursing in public thing, I have 2 breast feeding aprons and I use them all the time. Like you gem Sofia doesn't have a pattern really so I just feed on demand so when I least expect it I whip out my apron and voila! Feeding baby almost anywhere I go :) I am out every day at stables, or town, restaurants, you name it! It was a bit cold in winter when I fed at the yard but now I don't mind lol x

Me three with the loving nursing in public thing, I have 2 breast feeding aprons and I use them all the time. Like you gem Sofia doesn't have a pattern really so I just feed on demand so when I least expect it I whip out my apron and voila! Feeding baby almost anywhere I go :) I am out every day at stables, or town, restaurants, you name it! It was a bit cold in winter when I fed at the yard but now I don't mind lol x

I've got the apron as well, so I feed everywhere!

It's maybe just me but I find the mama scarfs more obvious than discrete but that's just my thinking lol. I just use breastfeeding tops that cover everything :)

I've tried sooooo many breastfeeding tops but they really aren't designed for K cup boobs. Like trying to squeeze a lemon through a button hole!

The reason I need a mama scarf is not to be discreet about breastfeeding overall but just to save my modesty from exposure and everyone else's eyes from my amazing squirting abilities! He just pulls off at the slightest noise, mid suck, and I'm left flashing nips that look like the bloody milky niagra falls!!!

Pmsl at evelinas swinging boobs lol!

I also nip wherever and whenever, though now he is 9m I don't really need to so much. He still won't drink from any other source though!

I'll admit, I do get a bit paranoid that I'm grossing people out with my boobage but hey, feeding my boy is more important!

Pmsl at evelinas swinging boobs lol!

I also nip wherever and whenever, though now he is 9m I don't really need to so much. He still won't drink from any other source though!

I'll admit, I do get a bit paranoid that I'm grossing people out with my boobage but hey, feeding my boy is more important!

I know what you mean, I think my family are uncomfortable with me feeding him in the same room even though you can't see anything.

I nurse in public too! I use a muslin for modesty's sake. I have got it down to a fine art now - tuck one corner in my bra strap and drape the sheet around eva's head and hey presto! Luckily for me Eva nurses well and don't often mess about with the old nips! :)

I used to be really embarrassed to NIP but now I do it wherever I need to and I'm not bothered! It's great :) My milk has settled down now but I used to squirt too... got my brother once! Not sure he'll ever really fully recover lol :lol:

lol @ the squirting!! I love NIP, I always try and see if anyone is looking or can tell and so far no-one's batted an eyelid. I've become a lot more brazen as time's gone on although I can't beat the bedroom display in B&Q lol. Although I did answer the door to a courier and sign for a package (amazing what you can do with one hand lol!!) with C still latched on last week, nothing will stop him once he's 'in the zone', OH was out and I didn't want to traipse all over town to get the parcel that evening. The poor courier didn't know where to look bless him :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back