Nursing bras?

mermaid

Reaction score
I was just thinking about buying nursing bras as I will need something for when I go in to hospital. I know you are meant to wait but I want those that are like cropped top style so they should be fairly flexible in terms of size?

Have you girls bought any yet or are you waiting?

I bought one from mothercare when I was 32 weeks and it is really good. It seems to have lycra in it so as your boobs swell so doe the bra.. obviously the back size pretty much stays the same but that too has a lot of lycra in it.

I think the real test will be when my milk comes in!!

Pre-pregnant I was a 38 E currently a 44 H!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope I don't go too much bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt get my nursing bra until I was 38weeks as thats what I was advised to do by M&S, they are very good in there and my nursing bra seems to fit well and still has room for when my milk comes in :D

Yeah this is what I was told as well but I had to buy new ones as my old ones didn't fit and then I didn't want to keep buying new bras each week so got some that were stretchy! lol

How r u doing Tasha???!! lol

my boobs have hardley grown so it alright for some! :(

I'm ok still getting pains but have been bleeding abit too, apparently this normal so im not too botherd, don't think it will be long now tho :D

I got my nursing bras a couple of weeks ago.

The lady in Mothercare said to go for the cup size I am now, plus one, and back to my pre preg backsize.

Im a 38C at the moment so I got 34D's.

i got mine a few days ago, they advised against it but tbh i aint grown at all during my pregnancy bust wise, though im actually a 38G i had to get 40E nursing bra's cos somehow they fit better, theres plenty of room for when my milk comes in too :D

JaidyBaby said:
I got my nursing bras a couple of weeks ago.

The lady in Mothercare said to go for the cup size I am now, plus one, and back to my pre preg backsize.

Im a 38C at the moment so I got 34D's.

Im the same size as you jaidy haha

Its mad actually having boobs Claire, normally im only a 34B! :(

Lyndsey said:
I bought one from mothercare when I was 32 weeks and it is really good. It seems to have lycra in it so as your boobs swell so doe the bra.. obviously the back size pretty much stays the same but that too has a lot of lycra in it.

I think the real test will be when my milk comes in!!

Pre-pregnant I was a 38 E currently a 44 H!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope I don't go too much bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I hope that doesn't happen to everyone, I am a 38E too but H, eek! You must be able to eat your dinner off them. :rotfl: I hope I don't put on that much weight either to go up to a 44, worried now. :eek:

I have actually only put on 8lb. :shock: ... the 44 part is because the actual breast have grown out so much!! My actual back size doesn't appear to be much bigger but the boobs are massive!! I got fitted in Marks and Spencers... I am not sure how they worked it out....

Lyndsey said:
I have actually only put on 8lb. :shock: ... the 44 part is because the actual breast have grown out so much!! My actual back size doesn't appear to be much bigger but the boobs are massive!! I got fitted in Marks and Spencers... I am not sure how they worked it out....

Oh well at least they know how to do it properly. I went up a size with Ryan from a 36D, never went down again and I was hoping I'd go down to a C. Hope I ain't an F this time. :rotfl:

I bought nursing bras when I was pregnant but I was naughty and didn't use them :oops:
I found they didn't give me any support and the material went saggy after a while and mis-shaped.
I BF for 2 years without the need for them.
I just used Sports Bras as they maintained their support better.
I know your not supposed to have underwire bras but I did after my milk has gone down a bit and was also fine.
I don't think i'd make a very good BF counsellor cause I'd give all the wrong advice :lol:

I didn't know you weren't meant to wear non-wired ones. I can't stand the feeling of not having the wire. :shock:

Apparently they say that the pressure of the wire underneath obstructs the milk ducts and causes blockage.
But personally I BF for 2 years and in my experience they were perfectly fine.
I think having that having such heavy breasts without any real support will cause breast sagging anyway if you BF long term as well.
There is a lot of nonsense advice out there when your BF and a lot of companies out to make money off you.
Personally I can only tell you my experience but I was better off getting normal a well fitting bra (balcony bra is best) and just popping the boobies over the top to feed (that's why I said balcony bras are best). You will still have privacy because your top will cover from the top and a shawl from the bottom.
No problems personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back