Nursey

oh by the way i wanted to say woolworth is on sale and i saw a nursery chair with the feet support for £99.00 on offer instead of £199.00 It is really nice but can not afford such a luxury lol

beanie said:
Did Dani name people personally because it doesn't sound like she did???.

No there was no naming involved, its just how I take it, what I wrote is a direct quote and is how I interpret it, to say she posted pics of a nursery to play poeple at there own game??? She emailed a load of us the nursery pic and told us how she bought the pics on the wall for £10 on ebay, and how her mum designed it all cause she is an interior designer etc . . .

Just didnt really understand the need to lie?

I don't either Cat, and I think its sad that she felt the need to do so. I just hope that Dani still feels that she can talk to us and doesn't feel that she is being judged, and that she doesn't judge others.

Futuremum, thanks for the tip about the chair - I want to have a chair in my nursery but there is the cost and also the size as the baby has the smallest room. I agree about the wallpaper, baby won't notice, plus the seventies and retro is very in at the moment. We can't afford to get the walls plastered in the nursery so just hope the baby appreciates the "textured" walls. I am in 2 minds whether to get a wardrobe or not as the clothes are so small and I guess I could get away with folding them up on shelves or drawers. Its just that all the nursery furniture is so expensive, wardrobes costing about £150 + so am going to look in Ikea. Does anyone else know of any good places to look for inexpensive furniture (we have got the cot sorted out its just everything else).

I think all people have their reasons for doing things and maybe Dani felt like she wasn't good enough compared to some of us?

I know sometimes I overpaint how my life really is - yeah I've had it very damn hard but I play out that my life is quite the opposite often. I do it just to make it seem a bit more real to me that life isn't that bad - but maybe it could have been taken the wrong way? Like I was gloating that my life is perfect?

Pregnancy is a very hard time and your emotions are not at their most stable - little things said not meaning to sound 'funny' can all of a sudden sound so accusing and horrible.

I know maybe it's not the right thing to do to post a picture from a website and claim it's yours, but it's not a nasty thing she's done is it? She certainly hasn't hurt me in all of this.

Pregnancy can be a lonely time and a very hard time - all I'm asking is to please forgive and forget - for the peace and tranquility of the forum? I really like Dani and got on with her. Maybe she was just having a shit time? We all know I blew up at Lou one day about smoking whilst having a shit day! I didn't mean it and I appologised - just emotions can get the better of you sometimes.

Anyway - I've said enough now. I know you may not all agree with me - but just think of how tough you've found things sometimes?

Sami - that's what I wanted to say but my brains not letting me write very well tonight. Can't blame it on pregnancy, am like this normally. I'm meant to be doing an essay but have spent hours on here instead - oops.

LOL my brain doesn't normally work mate! - Got a pregnancy cloud permanently on my brain :lol: - what's your essay about?

Its about how I have developed professionally over the last 2 years at training, how my values and personal beliefs affect my work etc. Its so dull, and all I can think about is the best thing I have done in the last 2 years is get pregnant. Its got to be in on monday as well. The last essay I did was about research, I was pretty newly pregnant, did it in 2 days with bad morning sickness and got a really good mark so obviously bean has some brains. Just hoping the same can happen this time but its not looking good. xx

Lol can't help ya there love - just hope you get it finished in time. Good luck!! xx

Personally I felt that Dani was trying to make others feel inadequate by posting the pic of that nursery and I will say publicly to you all that I don't feel that I can actually trust her. I am having pregnancy hormones aswell, but I am not posting fake pictures.

I certainly don't think I am up my own arse, and sharing my nursery pics was part of the sharing experience, i.e. sharing scan pics, tummy pics and current pregnancy experiences. I never pretended that my nursery was decked in the most expensive of items, hell the furniture is 2nd hand from my mum, the cot cost under £30 new on Ebay and all my other buys have been from Ebay, which I have gladly shared with others in the hope that anyone else who is skint can buy some cheaper items. I bought a reclining glider chair and stool today, I couldn't afford a £300 one and got it on Ebay for under £100, it's my one big treat. I would never make out that I am something I am not, what's the point? Who am I impressing? A load of people who's advice I value greatly, but will never meet?

I shall try and leave it at that, as my DH doesn't think I should post too much in order not to make myself so unpopular that I don't have others to talk to on here.

But Dani, if you are reading this. We liked you no matter what your nursery looks like!

Hell - we all have our own opinions right! you ain't gonna make yourself unpopular with me love. :lol:

I know exactly your point as I understand that - the nursery was very damn smart! I'd love to have a nursery that looked half as good!

Sami said:
Anyway - I've said enough now. I know you may not all agree with me - but just think of how tough you've found things sometimes?

I'm with you on this Sami.

Nobody knows what's really going on in Dani's life. Maybe she just needs our support right now.

Lucyx
PS: I think all the nurseries posted on here are lovely. Ironically, I think they're all nicer than the 'fake'! It's sooo perfect you'd be frightened to let another human loose in there let alone a baby!

lol lucybee, if my nursery looked that nice it would put the rest of my house to shame.

Rosieroo, how have you found ebay. I asked earlier for any tips for inexpensive furniture because the prices I have seen have scared me and made me feel like I'm not going to be able to afford everything I need. I have bought things of ebay before but not furniture so would appreciate your views about it?

Hi Beanie

how have you found ebay

My experience of e-bay is as follows: -

I bought a second hand M&P travel system - even picked it up myself, but because it was quite early in my pregnancy, I didn't really know how it worked. Anyway it sat in my garage until a few weeks ago when I thought I'd get it all out to work out how it all fitted together, and to wash the removable bits.

I assembled the carry cot to the chassis, but found the top cover was missing. I then tried to take it apart again only to find it was jammed. My hubbie & FIL tried and they couldn't dismantle it. I took it to M&P only to learn it wasn't even a M&P chassis :oops: .

I then checked the woman's other sales and found out that this woman who claimed she'd had the pram etc since new and that it was in pristeen condition etc. in fact sells second hand prams all the time - I think basically she buys spare parts and then puts them together.

Anyway, we paid £300 cash for this and it's totally wasted :( .

SO BE WARNED - if you can pick the stuff up yourself, then do it and check every component - don't be naive like me and trust what people tell you on e-bay - they are trying to sell stuff after all and some are not what they seem! Also, if you can, I would advise paying by Paypal on your credit card - at least then you have some protection if it all goes wrong....

LBxx

Hi Beanie

We've found a couple of sellers that tend to sell new stuff, or the one that we used for nearly all our buys grades his stuff Gold, Silver and Bronze grade. If you buy the Gold stuff, like we did, you'll be fine.

We got the Mothercare Rococo pram, Graco car seat, Graco car seat holder, Cosatto matress for the cot and a basic pine cot (as you can see from my photos) for around £150 + postage from a seller, and it's all new. He mostly seems to sell Mothercare returns and I've not had a problem with him. It saved us a lot of money getting the equipment from him.
I've pm'd you a link to his Ebay page anyhow :)

Oh and Littlebump, that really sucks!!

You should name and shame the Ebay seller.

Cheers for the tips LB and Rosieroo, I guess its like most places there are good and bad but I will be careful. I agree LB you should anme and shame that seller, thats disgusting and dishonest selling you something that was in such a bad state. Thaks again girls, am going to get my credit card and start shopping soon. Will eventaully get a pic up of my nursery but you'll have to bear with me as I am not the most organised person in the world. :D

What a shame that any of you must feel that you have to justify your purchases for your new baby.
I am so madly in love with this bunny inside of me, I want to burst with happiness and buy ALL the lovely things for him/her! One problem.... SO little variety here in SA or else VERY expensive. I drool over all the bargains on Ebay and have been thinking how to ship a silver cross pram over from UK. You're all so lucky to have that second hand market! I'm jealous!!! :cry: Enjoy it and take full advantage of it. I can't believe the amazing bargains.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I love looking at all the pics on this forum. I think your bumps, scan pics and nurseries look fab!!!!! :lol: Please don't stop sending in your photos!!!
Kindest Regards
Emilia

Am too scared to post a piccie of my bambino's nursery on here now and don't want any one to think I am showing off - ARSE ! :)

It's all done, talk about anal - I am too organised, i bossed my DH to do it and we finished it last week, there was me panicking about getting it ready in time and of course the first 4-6 months bambino will be in with us, so what was the rush - doh !!

minikins said:
Am too scared to post a piccie of my bambino's nursery on here now and don't want any one to think I am showing off - ARSE ! :)

You are the word ARSE! Hahaha - I'm still saying it lol :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back