Nursey

Well mine is still in progress - but here is a pic so far

eba00524153f00000007.jpg

Cot with bedding in to see what it looks like. We'll have a moses basket first of all though for when it's in with us, then probably move onto a crib.

eba00524153f00000006.jpg

My bargain Ebay buy, bought and delivered to my door by the Seller for £40

eba00524153f00000005.jpg

OH decided he thinks it's too boring for a babies room. i just like the calm colours and scared that louder colours will affect the babies sleep coz i cant sleep in a room with loud colours on the wall - even if they are pastel forms :? Maybe I'm just awkward lol

I don't think its boring. I'm like you, like calm colours. My house is mainly creams and so we are doing the babies room to match. We will be putting up some colour, in the accessories (am going to get the mobile from the Poppy and Mustartd range at mommas and poppas cos its four fat birds and its red and blue and green etc). We are both Dr Suess fans and have some framed pictures to go on the wall. I say go with what you want as you can always use accessories to add colour. I get it too, you can't paint the babies room cream, but I can't see why not. i like rosieroos nursey, it looks great x

ohhh i like ur piccies.. nice big room.. and lovely things.. like the swing thing..my house is so small got no room for any thing like that

Elaine

My front room is teeny, the swing takes up nearly all the floor space! I'm lucky that the 2 bedrooms are double sized so we can at least spend time together in the baby's room in the morning.

Sami said:
OH decided he thinks it's too boring for a babies room. i just like the calm colours and scared that louder colours will affect the babies sleep coz i cant sleep in a room with loud colours on the wall - even if they are pastel forms :? Maybe I'm just awkward lol

Hey Sami dont worry about colours being to bright, studies show that a baby is virtually colour blind, so cant clearly see colours at all, so its actually recomended to use strong colours when decorating or choosing baby toys as they see contrasts rather than colours anyway!

Your pictures look great Rosieroo - you're very lucky having such a large room (or should I say that's one lucky baby - you can fit a lot of toys in a room like that.... :D )

LBxx

Had a good belly laugh!!!
Thanks for the brilliant & free entertainment!!
xx :lol:

littlebump said:
Your pictures look great Rosieroo - you're very lucky having such a large room (or should I say that's one lucky baby - you can fit a lot of toys in a room like that.... :D )

LBxx

Hopefully the little mite will keep them in it's room, there's no much room downstairs for anything. Panicking already about where the car seat and pram are going to go on a wet winters day!

Rosieroo your nursery looks lovely. Just my taste ;)

Ours is painted and the blind and curtain is up and the cot bed is in but thats it so far so will post some photos when its looking a bit more finished. We have gone for plain cream walls, white woodwork and a whitewashed cot. We are lucky enough though to have the original cast iron fireplaces in my house so that makes the nursery look quite old fashioned and cosy :) Definately need some colourful things in there though but we have decided not to go for the co-ordinated bedding as there aren't any that we like so I'm going to buy plain bedding and mix and match it myself.

Just waiting for my nursing chair now to be delivered from Ikea! I sat on a rocking nursing chair in mothercare world and nearly nodded off so we've bought a corner chair/sofa instead and at least that way we can use it after I'm done nursing.

I'm over excited, can you tell lol

Lou :)

I bought one of those nursing chairs - they have them in Mothercare but I got mine from the internet for much cheaper :D .

It's loooooovely - I sit on it every night!!!!!! I just hope it fits in the nursery - we've not tried to carry it upstairs yet!!

Did you get one of the more basic ones? I'd like one, but don't want to spend too much on it.

Hi all I live in Peterboro where kiddicare is based and they do good stuff and some of it is really cheap.

Cool Michelle - I'd be in there all day!!!

I got the Penny Glider chair / footstool. It's sort of mid-range and I had tried it out first in Mothercare and like Lou nearly dozed off :D .

I would just like to comment, after dani's statement in the chat room this morning with regards to her posting of her nursery.

For those of you who wern't present dani admitted to posting a fake picture of her nursery explaining that, other users on the site were . . .

'so far up there own arse and think they are better than every1 I just thought I would play them at there game'

I find it a shame that you would feel this way dani, as I dont think any user on here is that judgemental that they would critize you for what you could or couldn't afford. as I responded to you at the time, there are people on here from all different backgrounds some working professionals with established families, others teenage single mums still living at home, we are all here for the same reason, support and advice.

So if you feel that people who post pics of there nurserys like myself, rosieroo and paradysio are just 'showing off' perhaps you could keep that opinion to yourself, as we are just sharing. There is certainly no need for lying or badmouthing other users unfairly.

Unfortunatly you didnt respond to anything I had to say to you in the chatroom and I will leave it at that. Perhaps it is yourself who is being judgemental of others not the other way round! And it would be worth remembering in future that people do use this site to talk about personal issues confidentialy and to build relationships with other mums to be, and if you feel the need to lie about yourself then it shows that perhaps you are not the sort of person to be trusted in this way.

In her support, Dani has always been really sweet and helpful to me.
I'm sure pregnancy is an emotional time for everyone and maybe hormones lead you to do things that you wouldn't normally??
Or maybe she's got a job as a sales rep for that nursery company?!
Lucyx

I too have found Dani a great help when I have been worried, like everyone else on this forum who have taken their time to answer my very frequent (and dumb usually) questions without making me feel like I am stupid or stressing. I don't have any friends who have had babies, and I don't have my mum anymore so its great to have people to chat to without you getting the glazed look in your eyes when I go on about my bump. Did Dani name people personally because it doesn't sound like she did???. I hope the forum stays friendly because I really enjoy coming here, I was part of another forum and there was so much nasty stuff that it actually stressed me out. As lucybee said pregnancy is an emotional time and we all need eachother so I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to seeing more nursery pics because I need the inspiration and tips before I tackle my own, I can't even decide what clothes to wear let alone colour schemes. Take care of yourselves xxxx

Hello there!!!

I really liked seeing your pics of nurseries. I am a bit stuck because I am renting a property and am not allowed to do anything in it!! So I am stuck with a yellow wallpaper and flowers. the wallpaper must be dating from the 70s so you imagine the old yellow colour!
The room is small too so it will be only a cot, a chair and the clothes will go in the wardrobe in our bedroom until we have another place. what matters is that baby can sleep somewhere, I am sure he won't notice the wallpaper for a couple of years anyway :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back