Nursery Themes?

kazlin

Reaction score
Are you sticking to a theme for your nursery?
As Nick, myself and Daniel live in a small flat, we can't decorate a nursery, but have still managed to go with a theme for accessories etc.

We chose Fun at the Zoo by Mothercare.

I just wondered if any of you have stuck with a theme? :D

hehe, when we get our own place (a few months hopefully) i'm sure we'll have a theme!
At the moment my room is kind of half winnie the pooh
I'd really like a disney princess room...(for baby, honest)

We went for the Fun At The Zoo stuff. We are not doing up the second bedroom as a nursery but liked the colours and brightness of the Zoo range so opted for the Moses basket, rug and a few other bits from it. We made a corner in our bedroom for it all and keep the storage in the spare room (clothes, changing stuff and all the bits and pieces).

We don't really want to have a full on nursery as OH uses it as a study still and its also our guest room. When LO moves into it around 6 months we'll add some more kiddie stuff but again will go for bright/bold colours over blue or pink.

My main problem was I really didn't like most of the bedding and sets we looked at. I personally don't do neutral for babies, don't like pink or blue and found most of the sets a bit boring colour wise. The bright Zoo one appealed from the off so we came back to it months later when we finally went shopping.

We sort of went with the I LOVE MY BEAR from babies r us. Everything was colour co-ordinated, but things are very different now. Everything is now very brighly coloured and to be honest it looks much more like a nursery than a show room. xxx

We done "Nostalgia" by Mamas & Papas....it's unisex but with accents of pink and blue so you can make it much more girly/boy type thing if wanted/needed or perfect for twins etc - anyway going for the one theme, sticking to the one colour etc I have to say you do need a large room to carry it off, matching everything looks cute but would really seem OTT in a box room kinda thing. We added blues with things like a rug etc but still using the paints, wallpapers, bedding, toys, accessories all of the same thing etc I'd ensure you're using a large room to make it look cute and not overbearing.

I got the I Love My Bear crib set, uplighter, wall stickers and rug for a kind of walk in wardrobe in my room where D slept in his crib. I loved it - and it's not really a wardrobe, it's like a good sized nursery room. Now that I obviously know he's a boy I've done his bedroom in the Little Africa from Vertbaudet and I love it. I'm not really into doing it all blue so this was nice and bright with lots of nice accessories and fit for my little prince! It's like a proper little boys bedroom now and he loves looking about at all the new things in it. I love decorating but I'm really going to try to leave it as it is for a while instead of looking for excuses to change it :shock:

With my first, I had a winnie the pooh theme!
His room was yellow with blue woodwork etc and winnie stickarounds!
Bedding and bouncy chair etc all winnie the pooh!
His bedroom was cute! :D
My second son came so quickly afterwards so he eventually shared rooms with Joseph!
Lucy didnt have a room :( Poor girl! I was loving in a 2 bed flat when she was born! When we did move, she was old enough to go into her own room and she had it Hot pink and green! (she was attracted to green!)

Hmmm yes... our theme...

IKEA... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: But I painted moomintroll and moomin sister on the walls... :)

I really wanted something colourful and really wanted a jungle/zoo theme but really struggled to find what I wanted. I ended up ordering the jungle themed nursery from Next but to be honest it's still a bit creamy but we've jazzed it up by adding accessories from IKEA and other jungle items as we've gone along.

Eeek - we didn't go for a theme! We decided to just get the stuff we liked first or second hand or what was practical - then we will decorate DD's room when she's a bit older and can choose her own colours. Money was tight too.

I'm actually glad I didn't go for a theme now as people bought us so many toys and display things (money boxes, cups/saucers etc) that I wouldn't have wanted to display them if I had gone for a strict themed room.

Valentine Xxx

midna said:
Anything with skulls and crossbones mehehe 8)

Now why doesn't that surprise me :twisted: Actually Nick would be more than happy to go with that as a theme...freaks!!! :moon: :moon: :moon: :hug:

Logan will be sharing with his big brother once he's 6 months old, and James would go nuts if I decorated his room like a nursery :lol:
We've promised him we'll paint his room in a couple months time, and he wants an underwater theme.

We've got a nautical theme as we're by the seaside! The photos are rubbish as his room is so small I can't get a decent pic.

kazlin said:
BabyBee said:
I'd really like a disney princess room...(for baby, honest)

I believe you :wink: :D

Thats what we have for Arianna. The room walls are just painted a purple/pink sort of colour with a silvery boarder, but her cot linen is all the princess stuff.

Her cot
SP_A0297.jpg
SP_A0298.jpg

And now as her bed
DSC00048.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

awwww yay! Princesses rock!
When we (in years) get a mortgage and our own proper place i plan on painting a room like a fairy castle...

and if i've got a baby boy too by then then i'm thinking jungle book... lol

I've mixed all different themes, i'm not too keen on the pink ranges, they seem to be full of chickens and cakes.

I've got the babies r us new pink range changing mat and some bunny and heart sitckers to cover her side of the room with, i will also be getting the moses basket from this range as i like it, but i got the jungle fever mobile as i liked all the bright animals, and her bedding is a mixture of a blue zebra set, purple lion blankets, some neutral ones, and pink and white sheets.

I guess there wasnt a spesific theme i liked so i've just mixed and matched, plus i loved the zebra bedding regardless of it being blue!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back