Nursery theme ideas?

KirstyD

Reaction score
Where did you all get ideas for a nursery theme from? We've just spent the weekend emptying our spare room ready to decorate and fill with nursery stuff at some point in the next few weeks. So now need to decide what theme but not really sure where to start looking for ideas? :think:

I'm also favouring a jungle theme at the moment as my DH and I are both animal mad. I think a jungle will be good for a boy or girl as i wouldn't want a really girlie room anyway. I wanted my DH to paint monkeys and lions on the wall as he's good at drawing but he's not so keen on the idea :lol:

I want to do a Peter Pan theme - I love the book and used to read it all the time when i was young. Also is great as if its a boy we have pirates and the lost boys and if its a girl we have wendy and tinkerbell!

we're having an animal/jungle theme as i wanted something that would last plus wanted to encourage it to love all animals, become a rich vet and look after it's mummy and daddy when they are old :cheer:

we've decided on a jungle them as well, since we're having a little boy. altho i loved this them regardless of what bubs was gonna be.

We're keeping it neutral as we''re in rented accomodation. Ive seen some beautiful winnie the pooh neutral nursery stuff in Matalan and also some lovely canvases in argos of all the characters in neutral. Plus i love tigger lol xx

I'm opting for the neutral Ollie & Molly range in Next. But there are grate ranges in most baby stores, try Mothercare, Boots, Mamma's & Pappa's, Lollipop Lane etc.

*CLAIREBEAR* said:
we're going for the " l love my bear" range at toys "r" us!

We had this for Brody and I love it so much Brody is going into the other bedroom (he's having In the night garden!) and baby will have the nursery! :D

I love teddy bears for neutral themes ... in fact I am mad for them :wave:

I also love the "please look after me" range from mothercare :wave:

jools221181 said:
*CLAIREBEAR* said:
we're going for the " l love my bear" range at toys "r" us!

We had this for Brody and I love it so much Brody is going into the other bedroom (he's having In the night garden!) and baby will have the nursery! :D

its lovely isnt it!!
cant wait til we get it all!! :cheer:

We are having winnie the pooh as a main one but because we still live with my mum baby will be with us anyway so its just beding really and im compulsive about changing the sheets so we have about 5 different winnie the pooh sets and still buying them lol all with a mobile to match :)

I was going with millie and borris range from M&P's but its soo expensive and have only managed to pick up the cot mobile so far from ebay. To be honest we only have one bedroom so he will be with us for while and then when we move will do his room so I havent really thought about it... matalan do a lovely range and im sure the whole nursery set was around £100 if I remember correct! its lovely as well

ooo i found a link to the set online...

http://www.matalan.co.uk/pages/news/whats-new/nursery-collection

We have decided to go for a 'colour theme'. Bright bold colours rather than lighter faint shades. Positive blues, reds, green, yellows and others. The curtains are block squares covering most of the colours - The walls are white to provide a fresh contrast and accessorised. The key is not to let it get too busy. Simple things like an alphabet frieze (Google: "alphabet frieze uk") really help tie the room together.

Sounds like the jungle theme is popular! We've also been looking at a jungle theme as it's gender neutral. Have more or less decided on the jungle fun range from babies r us. Saying that I'm loving those stickers haribo princess! x x

I'm going for the 'I Love My Bear' range too :D and i'm getting the pram too

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back