Nursery Plans

Bloom

Reaction score
I thought i would start a post so everyone can say what there plans are for their nursery.

Im in the process of clearing the room and getting rid of the junk ive collected and i need some ideas about what colour schemes to have.
Im going to find out the sex but am a bit wary of going pink or blue incase its wrong!

well in the spirt of me being overly organised i no exactly how im having my nursey
only problem is one bedroom (ours) is on the same floor as the rest of the rooms and the master bedroom is upstairs and dont want baby slkeeping on its on floor when its born so have to move most of our stuff upstairs and just keep bed ect for us in the nursery but it takes up alot of room
so cant get all the baby stuff in there :(
but il figure something out
colour wise im going for magnolia walls will coloured canvas's to brighten it up and curtains ect
manda xx

When i was pregnant with Oliver we painted his room magnolia and put pooh bear stencils around his room along with pooh bear curtains lights bedding etc etc and next year we were going to paint it blue with thomas tank engine but the twins will have to share his room for a couple of years till we can afford a 3bed house!

Our nursery is just cream at the moment and when baby is born (21 days hopefully. :pray: ..in theory!) we will add the colour depending on girl or boy esp as it wont be using its nursery for a few months when it is in with us.

Manda im sure you will think of something but your plans sound lovely i like the idea of having lots of colours, nice and bright for baby.

Tattybear im a twin and i loved sharing a room with my sis when we were younger we have always been close.

LOL at the moment ours hasn't got a nursery we are going to have to get the two eldest to share which will be fun. Because they are or will be when bubba arrives 12 and almost 8 and they make Tom and Jerry look tame!

Kylie i saw the pic of your nursery and it looks lovely i agree though the babys not going to be in there at first so plenty of time. I just like being organised and dont fancy decorating after babys born.

Emma58 said:
LOL at the moment ours hasn't got a nursery we are going to have to get the two eldest to share which will be fun. Because they are or will be when bubba arrives 12 and almost 8 and they make Tom and Jerry look tame!
Uh oh!! Take cover in Emma's house!!

Thats what hubby is for!!! Anyway my mum & dad have a shop in Ptn that sells fabric so my mum can get hold of some lovely borders and fabrics but it is very girl or boy orientated. If we have a boy we will go for a nautical theme I think.

Good luck Emma! :lol:

Kylie i like the sound of a nautical theme.

Kylie1007 said:
Uh oh!! Take cover in Emma's house!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: I'm not joking either they are the total opposite the eldest will go straight to sleep on a night the youngest would stay up all night.

My bro and I would have killed each other if we had to share a room! If we went on holiday and had to share a double bed my mum used to have to roll up a duvet to create the Great Wall of China between us!

They don't even know yet :wink:
Think i'll let OH tell them

Me and my brother were the same too. I was horrible to him being the oldest and having him follow me everywhere used to drive me mental.

i want winnie the pooh , but i dont want classic pooh , i want it bright and colourfull with the a modern pooh but finding it hard to get set that i like , at mo in process of clearing it out tho ! got to rehome brians office into our bedroom so lots of shifting about !

we are currently decorating my office which is almost done it's paris new room and Harrison will have her room once painted. We've picked a colour (happy yellow) and having a winnie the pooh theme :)

well i think the ideas so far all sound lovely
on the sharing room thing there is 4 years between me and lil sister and we shared for years and years hated it completly used to lock her out of the room lol
manda xx

Winnie the pooh seems popular. Will have to have a look round mothercare for ideas, i have plenty of time. I sure when i find out the sex i will want it in a boy or girl theme.

We are going to turn our guestroom into the nursery, our guests will have to find a hotel because my hubby wont relinquish the third bedroom (his study) :roll:

Our plan is to strip it and paint it a neutral colour like calico and accessorise with fabrics/border etc from either Classic Pooh Bear (I know Disney gets everywhere and it isn't terribly fashionable, but I have always loved the Pooh stories) or Zeddy and Parsnip (or similar)

We thought we would keep decor simple and then we can change/add to it as the little one grows up.

I would REALLY love to see some photos of other peeps nurseries, it is great to get ideas :D

G3M said:
i want winnie the pooh , but i dont want classic pooh , i want it bright and colourfull with the a modern pooh but finding it hard to get set that i like , at mo in process of clearing it out tho ! got to rehome brians office into our bedroom so lots of shifting about !

mamas and papas do one which is really nice and also babies r us have one... they are more neutral colours but its very nice... i've gone for the millie and boris from mamas and papas cos i wanted a neutral nursery... its all here i just need to put it all together now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back