Nursery Plans

Would be nice to have another bedroom for a nursery!! We have a 2 bed house and 4 kids already!! My 2 share a room and when OHs kids come to stay they are in there too!!

Their room is yellow and they have stickarounds on their own side of the room so they feel they have their own space. Baby will be in with us until we can get moved!!

rachie29 said:
G3M said:
i want winnie the pooh , but i dont want classic pooh , i want it bright and colourfull with the a modern pooh but finding it hard to get set that i like , at mo in process of clearing it out tho ! got to rehome brians office into our bedroom so lots of shifting about !

mamas and papas do one which is really nice and also babies r us have one... they are more neutral colours but its very nice... i've gone for the millie and boris from mamas and papas cos i wanted a neutral nursery... its all here i just need to put it all together now

yeh i dont like the toyrsus one , seems so boring and epensive for what it is !

mamma's and pappa's , havent been in there suprisling as ive always thought they were over priced too :rotfl: i really want something bright tho :think: if i cant find something i like may have to go with the petite chien from toyrsus

just looked at the m&p one , i dont like the red on it and again tooo neutral , doesnt anyone out there want a nice colourfull pooh room ! rah !

If you want a more colourful pooh range, then google 'honey tree pooh'. I've seen a few different bits of the range sold in a few different places online. There's a few examples of it here

Lol everyone is going for Winnie the Pooh....

We have a sea blue room atm, we painted it blue cos we were told we were having a boy only to find out that we are infact having a girl... but the blue is such a lovely colour we are going to keep it anyway...

Also I am going to paint Moomin's on the wall to go with the blue and white Moomin carpet we have brought. :) Its different, plus if DH's family buy anything for the baby, then they will more often than not buy Moomin related things, because it's so big in Finland.

Atm I am torn between this for the wall...

moomins.gif

Or this...

moomin_1.gif

I might do the last one on the wardrobe doors..

Tiggergirl said:
If you want a more colourful pooh range, then google 'honey tree pooh'. I've seen a few different bits of the range sold in a few different places online. There's a few examples of it here

that the only one i seen i like , first saw it in tesco , have found a website that does it all today tho ! part from i hate the yelow curtains so may just got for some simple baby blue ones

I had winnie the pooh of both of my girls which was from mothercare and was really colourful, but this time we're having the winnie the pooh organic range from toys r us, I really like that its neutral and the walls are natural hessian but I will be having either a blue or pink border with blue or pink blind when we know what sex the baby is.

edit - i've moved my two girls in together and the first week was very trying because they kept talking at night and not going to sleep but now it seems to be ok, hopefully it will last. When they did have their own rooms they would shout at each other to get out but now they can't which is great.

Squiglet said:
Lol everyone is going for Winnie the Pooh....

We have a sea blue room atm, we painted it blue cos we were told we were having a boy only to find out that we are infact having a girl... but the blue is such a lovely colour we are going to keep it anyway...

Also I am going to paint Moomin's on the wall to go with the blue and white Moomin carpet we have brought. :) Its different, plus if DH's family buy anything for the baby, then they will more often than not buy Moomin related things, because it's so big in Finland.

Atm I am torn between this for the wall...

moomins.gif

Or this...

moomin_1.gif

I might do the last one on the wardrobe doors..

OMG THE MOOMINS I MISS THEM SO MUCH.... I WILL HAVE TO LOOK AROUND FOR A MOOMIN BEAR... COS MY NURSERYS GUNA BE NICE AND SIMPLE NO PATERNS ON WALLS ID FEEL SICK OF IT AFTER A WHILE LOL

We can't do a nursery cos the baby will be in our room and then sharing with James :(

We are painting the walls blue and having a plain navy carpet. Going with the cars theme from Next.

awww lovely ideas ladies, i'll be the first to take a pic....

just ikea stuff lol the hokus range, its sooo cute.

still deciding if the 2 babies share of seperate rooms :?

nursery004.jpg

nursery001.jpg

Will probably keep things pretty neutral as we went colour mad with Jamie's nursery and got really fed up with it and when it was time to decorate it took ages to get rid of all the colour.

Haven't really looked at any ranges yet but really like the pink or blue gingham look as it looks really fresh and simple. Don't feel in too much of a rush just yet as baby will be in with us at first.

we've painted it an off white colour so we're just gonna keep it neutral colours. We're def gonna find out the sex, but ive already got a little girl and i honestly cant handle the thought of another pink room :puke: Nowt wrong with pink but shes had to have EVERYTHING pink since she was about 2, and ive just had anough, lol. And we're gonna be having all the nice 'i love my bear' stuff from babies r us, or the new neutral winnie the pooh range, so even if we find out its a boy we're gonna keep it all creamy colours. :angel:

dont talk about nurserys :lol: :twisted: :lol:
I have been doing mine for over a week now....im a bit of a perfectionist mind!
Only moved into our new house 3m ago but the nursery was wallpaper and wanted it stripped as was gross! Should have painted over it as has been a nightmare. Left rough walls and adheasive marks. Taken about 7 coats of paint and lots of sanding and pollyfilling.
put the border up last night.

Have done
Cappacino colour walls with teddys wash day border. Its looking gorgeous now but my god hard work!!!

I think we're going for our own style after looking at everything and deciding I like bits of all the themes :D

Going to base it vaguely around the M&P's "nostalgia" collection. Went in there at weekend and omg it is sooooooooooo expensive - well the bits I like best are. Expensive taste me. My sister does loads of knitting and is going to knit us blankets, cushion covers and lots of little clothes. Awww.... I think we're going to paint the walls a pale yellow or green and decorate with plain linens and lots of stuffed animals. I have hundreds in the roof that I could never bear to part with. By the time we've finished it will probably look like a raggedy old jumble sale :rotfl:

Nicola g said:
Sounds nice, any pics?

will take a pic tonight. got to buy a cot now and changer unit.
picking up a moses basket tonight to match it.

Well done girlygirl, i've done the same - stripped the walls and now left with lots of peeling underneath but i'm just gonna put up lining paper to cover it then paint, can't be doing with all that sanding and filling, it must have taken forever!!!!!!

PS Babies r us have 3 for 2 on the bedding and accessories not sure if it's all of the ranges but the ones I looked at last night were, they only run until the 6th dec though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back