Nursery Ideas

gonnabeamum

Reaction score
im trying to think of a theme to decorate our nursery, i dont want to do whinnie the pooh cause everyone does that and my friend has done it, we dont know the sex of the baby and aren't going to find out, so need something uni-sex and want something different x x

We've gone for NOSTALGIA by Mamas & Papas, it's a creamy white and mint green but with teeny accents of pale pink and blue so what ever the gender we can then accessorise with more pink/blue to make it for a little boy or little girl. We've started painting the nursery this past weekend and

Check out: www.mamasandpapas.co.uk under nursery interiors there are some adorable unisex nursery ideas in there.

Like you I didn't want to do pink or blue and I didn't want common themes like Pooh Bear or alphabets etc. I think Babies R Us do a grey/white theme too, again it's teddy bear related though. Something we wanted to avoid.

Good luck and do let me know what you come up with!! I love nursery interiors!!

Nicola xxx

iv got 2 ideas so far, one is jungle babies and one is stars and moons but im going to check out that link, thanks x

We're doing M&P 'meadow', neutral colours with snails,hedgehogs etc..

yep winnie the pooh here to as i love it and have loads of teddies etc that i can put in there.

what about humphreys corner (think thats what it is called :think: )

Hi!

Ikea have some nice curtains and nice bed spreads. They are bright colours which I wanted with jungle theme, zoo theme, bright stripes etc. Quite unisex and quite funky too. Plus as it's Ikea it's cheap so we can change the curtains and stuff when I get bored of them!

Natalie xx

I'm not a big fan of the pink for a girl, blue for a boy thing and i have always hated the colour yellow so mine is going to be an oatmeal type colour on the walls with dark wood furniture and maybe i love my bear or bears day out (i think it is called) curtains, and maybe some framed pictures on the walls.

It depends on whether you want to do a complete set or do it all yourself...
Next have a few nice bits & vertbaudet, i just had cream walls with mine with some lollipop lane bits in, very boring but looked ok. This time im going to find out the sex so can plan a bit better.

I quite like some of the green & yellow

im only 18 and still living at home lol, so my bedroom is gonna be the nursery too until i get my own place, not in any rush tho i love home comforts lol, my bedroom is babyish n lilac atm, just found out im having a boy so im decorating my whole room cream and having 1 baby blue wall with baby blue accessories =) gd job blue is my fav colour lol xx

there is a thread in the your photos section which might help?

We are doing our nursery in the next range of Lilly jack and jo because it's cream with a hint of lemon and it's quite cheap!

if i was doing it again... i wud do all brights like a rainforest theme all bright and massive murals on the wall also its not sooo babyish that u have to redecorate too early xx

were team yellow and went for the jungle theme from mothercare,

i love it, hated the abuse we have got from people saying your decorating your nursery yellow and green, yup its a 13" square room, it can take bright colours, and we have decorated & furnished it all including cot, wardrobes, paint & cot for less than £250 so when babys here i can change it in a few years time when all they want is thomas or peppa pig or something,

theres a thread of how people have decorated there nursuries here:

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/your-photos/118997-everybodies-nursery-pics.html which i loved looking at for inspiration,

and heres mine :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

xxx

You have fab taste. It looks lovely and I can't believe how cheap it was. Im inspired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back