Nursery Furniture...

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Anyone come across any fab shops or internet sites where I can get REASONABLY priced nursery furniture?? Some of it is sooooo expensive and as we have already got married AND moved house this year, we could do with being a bit careful when it comes to buying baby furniture. Clearly it needs to be lovely and above-all, safe, but I nearly choked when I saw some of the prices for cots and things. They are more than I spent on my own bed and tiny in comparison!! :shock:

do you want new or 2nd hand?

NCT sales are really good. If you look at their website it should tell you when and where the next sale is in your area.

Kimbo said:
what about ikea?

D'you know I hadnt even thought about Ikea! Duh! We are going there tomorrow night too to look for things for the new house so we can deffo seek out the nursery dept.

THanks Kimbo. Have you got your stuff yet? Probably not going to buy til nearer Chrimbo but just getting ideas at the mo...

moomoo192 said:
do you want new or 2nd hand?

NCT sales are really good. If you look at their website it should tell you when and where the next sale is in your area.

Hi Moomoo, sorry Im dense, whats NCT sales??

Babies r us have some offers on atm, I seen a cot that had been £200 reduced to £99 and they had it in natural wood and white and it was quite nice. They also had the wardrobe and changing unit from the same range reduced but I can't remember the prices of those.

J-Do1979 said:
Kimbo said:
what about ikea?

D'you know I hadnt even thought about Ikea! Duh! We are going there tomorrow night too to look for things for the new house so we can deffo seek out the nursery dept.

THanks Kimbo. Have you got your stuff yet? Probably not going to buy til nearer Chrimbo but just getting ideas at the mo...

have i got all my stuff?
hahaha ive got everything :oops: :oops: :oops:
i started a bit early. cot was up after my 12 week scan :oops: :lol:

NCT is National Childbirth Trust.

They have clothing sales of maternity/kids/newborn clothing etc and equipment sales.

I went wo a clotehs one a couple of weeks ago and bought nearly a wole wardobe of maternity stuff for £35. There is an equipment one in november so i'm gonna see if there is anything there.

Basically its mums selling their stuff thats no need anymore to make a bit of money and raise money for the NCT

here is their website

http://www.nct.org.uk/local/

i think if you take out the 'local' at the end and put your area of where you live in it'll bring up the stuff in your area.

NCT sales are national childbirth trust sales that are held around the place - lots of good quality 2nd hand stuff. i haven't been to one yet, but my friend who's 26 weeks has been to a couple and bought loads of things - she says they're great... google NCT and there's a link to the sales on their website xx

Kimbo said:
J-Do1979 said:
Kimbo said:
what about ikea?

have i got all my stuff?
hahaha ive got everything :oops: :oops: :oops:
i started a bit early. cot was up after my 12 week scan :oops: :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Bless you! I thought that I was bad having a rail full of clothes for LO and some toys!!! We have ordered the pram but not paid for it yet but thats about it!! I really want to go buy stuff but worried about tempting fate I guess.

Im too superstitious!! :shock:

Thanks for the info on NCT too thats really helpful. xx

Well we are going for the Hensvik range from Ikea... it's a girly range.. we saw a display there on Tuesday, with all pink and pretty princess accessories.. it's just lovely... and ridiculously cheap... 89€ for the cot, 90€ for the changing unit, 60€ for the shelves etc.... and it's not bad quality considering. :D

I'm getting mine from Ikea and I bought the half price cot from babies r us last week. Brilliant for the price - I'll post a picci when it's all done :D

i'm getting mine from Argos.... its quite reasonable.....

moomoo192 said:
NCT is National Childbirth Trust.

They have clothing sales of maternity/kids/newborn clothing etc and equipment sales.

I went wo a clotehs one a couple of weeks ago and bought nearly a wole wardobe of maternity stuff for £35. There is an equipment one in november so i'm gonna see if there is anything there.

Basically its mums selling their stuff thats no need anymore to make a bit of money and raise money for the NCT

here is their website

http://www.nct.org.uk/local/

i think if you take out the 'local' at the end and put your area of where you live in it'll bring up the stuff in your area.

Thankyou for that, iv never been to one but just had a look and there is one in lincoln tomorrow morning, so thats where ill be at 10.30:wink:

jdo i bought mine form the manufacturer on ebay so brand new for £270 and includes (!!!)
COT BED
DRESSER WITH CHANGING MAT ON
WARDROBE
AND STORAGE OTTOMAN!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member