Nursery furniture...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Where can i get reasonably priced furniture, its all soo expensive!!!

xx

I got this set from argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 556557.htm

Is Good value for money, altho i would say it isnt overly sturdy ie its ok for us to be opening the wardrobe doors but i wouldnt give it long with kids opening it before it got damaged, But then if you think how long is it going to be before your child is able to actually open the doors

I wouldn't know as we didn't buy any :rotfl:

Just got a cube thing with plastic tubs to go on the shelves for clothes, bedlinen and toys. £50 all up :)

Cot was given to us second hand. We have a good bookshelf for other bits and thats it.

Didn't worry about anything else :D

sartet said:
Steelgoddess said:
Where can i get reasonably priced furniture, its all soo expensive!!!

xx

TBH i have just bought this furniture as it will last until they want something a bit more grown up (i guess around teenager), they really are gorgeous and i have just put an extra rail in the wardrobe to fit olivers clothes in :)

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90099153

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80099163

:cheer: ive got that furniture in the red and pink!!!
i got the wardrobe, chest of drawers, junior bed + bedside table
planning on getting the matching table and chairs for when she's older to draw on etc as her bedroom is massive.
im also holding out for the cot... apparently theres a cot matching the range coming out!
I agree with sartet it will last ages through to early teen years and its not flimsy materials the things weigh a ton and are so sturdy!

Im after the leksvik but it looks as though they have discontinued the cot as its not on the website.
Does it come ready stained or is it beech wood with the stain to put on yourself?

Se originally looked at the Sailsbury set from Argos, but we got the Hensvik furniture from Ikea instead.

Got the wardrobe, cot-bed, mattress and changing unit for £249!

I put it all together the very next day and I love it!! It's very sturdy and looks great (must get some pics up!)

They had some very reasonably priced bedding too!

Plus the other good thing was that we should be able to go back and add to it later if we choose to!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... ry=hensvik

We bought the cot online from the glasgow pram centre. We got the changing unit second hand from an NCT sale. We got a joiner to make a built in wardrobe. That's it.

Bought a set from Mamas and Papas 500quid for cotbed, wardrobe and drawer top changer. Murano set it is. Was going to get the argos set that a few of the ladys have, but for an extra 100quid, I prefured this set, and its fairly well made.

What exactly do you need to buy?

We bought an oak cot, so we were able to buy a cheap Ikea oak chest of drawers, even better as they were on ebay. We have a good sized built in wardrobe in the spare room so we've barely spent anything on furniture.

We have never bothered with nursery furniture tbh. We did get a fairly good cotbed as we knew we wanted it to last a few years, but even that was half price so we got it for £100. Other than that, OH made a built-in wardrobe himself, saving us a fortune, and we just have loads of storage boxes inside it as well as hanging space. Didnt see the need to splash out on expensive stuff, especially as sometime in the future he will probably want to choose his own stuff for his room and possibly change the furniture so have kept it basic for now.

Ours is from Babies r us..it was in the sale tho so we got it cheaper. :dance:

Thanks ladies for all your help.

Well turns out our furniture for our bedroom turned up and guess what?! Hubby ordered too much so we are going to bung this:
Devonshire-Chunky-3-over-4-chest.jpg

Into the babys room, it has alot of space so we're going to make do rather then spend out again... All I need now is the cot and we're ready to go just need one thats of similar material...
x

I got the set from argos to but if your just looking for a cot mothercare, argos and ikea are all in the same price range. Have you got a changing table? obviously you dont have to have one, we didnt when he was a newborn just put a mat on the floor and changed him wherever. Although it got annoying after a couple weeks as there ended up being nappies, wetwipes, cotton wool etc etc in every room so now we've got a changing mat on top of his chest or drawers in his room and we always change him there so his stuff isnt littered all over the house. its also useful to have some shelves. ours are just above his changing mat with all his spare nappies, creams wetwipes etc, just makes it easier when changing!

awww i miss buying all the stuff its such an exciting part of the pregnancy!!

Steelgoddess said:
Thanks ladies for all your help.

Well turns out our furniture for our bedroom turned up and guess what?! Hubby ordered too much so we are going to bung this:

Into the babys room, it has alot of space so we're going to make do rather then spend out again... All I need now is the cot and we're ready to go just need one thats of similar material...
x

Perfect conclusion, it's much easier to pick the rest once you have one thing! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back