Nursery fees - how much?

Princess81

Reaction score
Well...... Even though I'm not due back at work til January I was at a loose end for 10 mins so I decided to pop in to the nursery that I'm considering sending l/o to.
The manager showed me round there and then and it looked pretty fab tbh.
I told them I only wanted to send him one day per week as I can fit work round that but their minimum is 2 days per week and this would cost 69 per week..... Is that expensive?? I have no idea :oooo:

No that sounds good I pay 80 for 2 days for Rhea xxx

At my old nursery in Oxfordshire the fees were £48 a day, including food but not nappies or formula. It does tend to work out cheaper per day, the more days you do.

I really would recommend at least two days or 2 half days. For a young child that's there one a day week, it's such a long time until it comes around again, that they tend to forget and get used to being with family, so it's harder for them to settle.

Thanks girls - def not unreasonable then! Yeah titch that's what they were saying to me about him settling in
It would be better for 2 days do that's why it's their minimum.X

I didn't want you to think they were just trying to get more money out of you, it really does make such a difference!

I did wonder at first tbh but when she explained I could see the logic behind it :) I was expecting £50 per day so I wasn't too upset with the price

That does sound very reasonable to me, think lo's nursery charge just over £40 -£45 a day x

That's cheap compared to here hun (Surrey). When my sister was looking they were between 50 and 75 quid a day!

I was £35 a day & that was 8 years ago so yeah thats quite good

xxxxxxxx

This is also including all food, drinks and snacks. I forgot to ask about nappies :doh:
I'll have to supply his formula myself for sure as its medicated- but he'll be 13 months when he goes so not sure how much formula he'll be taking then - god I don't know much do i? :roll:

We pay £19 p/half day! So £69 for 2 days sounds good to me defo! xxx

This is also including all food, drinks and snacks. I forgot to ask about nappies :doh:
I'll have to supply his formula myself for sure as its medicated- but he'll be 13 months when he goes so not sure how much formula he'll be taking then - god I don't know much do i? :roll:

Ours doesn't include anything other than snacks. We can opt for nursery lunch but we have that added to our bill at the end of the month. We also have to provide nappes and wipes!!

At 1 years old the C&G toddler milk says to make 3oz a day, Oz has alot more than that but we do it after breakfast and after tea so he never has milk at nursery, only water... which they actually provide for free lol

xxxx

The ones I've been looking at are £40-45 per day as well so sounds ok

I pay £44 per full 8-6 day, which includes all 3 meals.. so £69 sounds really good! x

We pay 45 quid a day and that includes home cooked food but no nappies or milk or anything. They dont have a limit there though time wise - he even went one morning a week before i started doing so many hours at work again x

Thanks girls!! Sounds like I'm getting a bit of a bargain then! Though we are in NI so most things are a bit cheaper here xx

hey hun

sounds pretty reasonable to me, i pay for my other son £16 for half day session as he at school the first half the morning but otherwise its £30 per 8 til 6 day and includes 3 meals nappies and wipes but you have to provide ur own formula if they need it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back