Nuchal Translucency measurement high??

Lorna1987

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday I had my scan and was 12+6. The nuchal measurement was 2.9mm. The sonographer told me that this was still within the normal range of up to 3.4mm but was also higher than usual (i've since read that the average is around 1.44mm-so mine is more than double!!!)I am so so worried-I have been looking up scan pictures online to compare with mine, have been reading so many forums and articles.

I also had my bloods taken and will get the results of these on Friday. I just feel so sick to the stomach with worry that something is wrong.

Has anyone else had experience of a NT measurement like this? Am i worrying over nothing?

xx

Didn't want to read and run but as far as I'm aware the scan measurement has a big variation for 'normal' due to them not being super accurate. I hope that makes sense?
I think it's normal for you to worry- your already a mama!
You will know more with blood test as they put them both together for accuracy. There are people who have gone on to have further investigations and their baby has been fine.
I hope everything comes back ok and just wanted to send a hug. Xxx

Hey hun, my NT measurement of the neck @ my 12wk4d scan was 2.0mmnd I was told this was fine, so although above average it wasn't anything to worry about, please try not to worry yourself too much (I know this is easier said than done) your blood test will determine what risk category you're in (mine put me in 1 in 18,000) which was low risk.

Sometimes the other sites end up scaring you even more so try to stay off them as much as possible and maybe speak with your doctor or MW if you have further worries

Good luck though sweetie, I'm sure everything is absolutely fine xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back