Now a single mummy-to-be

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
Well, OH left last night. Packed up and went. It's been coming to this for a while and now it's happened.

I always dreamed of the perfect life, married, then kids, the big house, nice car on drive like we all do but that's obviously not gonna happen now. But to be honest it's not bothering me. As awful as this sounds I feel relieved that it's all over. We've been unhappy for a while and this wasn't exactly planned bambino but it was wanted never the less. I feel selfish but at the same time I know I need to look after myself for once and put me first. Concentrate on cooking baby and doing the best possible thing for it when it's born and being in such an unhappy home, was never going to be good for it.
Being a single mother doesn't worry me one bit as I have plenty of family and support around me so I know I'll be ok. I just have to re-evaluate my maternity and work out when is the best time to take it and make the most of it as I was thinking of not returning to work as OH would be able to support us no bother with his new job. That's obviously not the case now, but that's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

What a week :shock: xxx

Hunny i am sorry things havent worked out how you wanted them too, i guess your idea of hapiness is all of ours really, isnt it? Im also a single mummy to be and i do have my down days but, the same as you, i knew it was coming and therefore could prepare myself mentally. I knew that if daddy stuck around it wouldnt be good for the baby because he wouldnt be the dad baby needed. You only need to think about baby and yourself right now, im sure you have the support of your friends and family.

You have time to work out a new work solution so dont panic and focus on you and baby xx

I'm sorry to hear about your break up but you sound like you know its the best decision for you and baby. And its great that you'll have support around you! Good luck :)
X

i was s ingle mom for the best part of 3 yrs, ive now met someone else but he lives 180 miles away so kind going through this alone abit too. to be honest i found it was easier dealing with my daughter once her dad had gone as he just made things harder for us and you can get into routines and that better. Plus and i know it sounds bad but u will be much better off financially, i work 21 hrs a week and cus im on my own i get working tax and child tax credits so i actually get more each week than if i was still with him.

I wont lie it can be tiring at times but i would much rather it be this way than have him around. Hopefully he will still support you as i get no help from him at all just grief lol.

good luck with pregnancy and just enjoy every second of it xxxxx

Thank you girls. I know this is definitely the right thing to do and I feel happier about it and I know I can do this on my own. I know I'm going to have some utterly down days when I think of what's happened and worry about being on my own but I'm a strong, independant women and I know I can do this however hard it's gonna be. I've been through a lot in my life so far, probably far too much for your average 27 year old but it's made me stronger and I know I can do this whether he sticks around for support or not.

Think I'm gonna treat myself and get my nails or hair done at the weekend for a little pick me up. It's been a while since I've done anything like that for myself. I reckon now is as good as time as any to start again :) xxx

exactly, plus lets face it what do we really need men for anyway, they fart, burp, and leave the toilet seat up lol.

and as for dealing with 'urges' and creating new life we dont eve need them their for that anymore just a good set of bateries and a turkey baster - GIRL POWER thats what i say lol

With my first son, I told babys dad I was pregnant at 4 weeks, after i told him I never heard or seen him again for two 2 years, not even a phone call nothing, it was mentally hard at first but my god I'm so glad, not long since I found out he's been in jail 3 years ( my sons nearly 3) n it's only know he's trying to get to see his son, he gets out if jail in 9 days n he don't even no I'm with some one or 7 months pregnant again, I'm dreading the trouble he may try to course

As a single mum to Remy I found it much easier, I focused all my time on Remy n didn't have to worrie about an ungreatfull fella with little understanding of how hard thing some times were, the only thing I did struggle with from time to time is just being tired n doing a 2 persons job but u just get on with things for the Lil one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back