New to the forum need help

charlene09

Reaction score
Well me and my Partner have been TTC for 4 months or so now & no luck , I was on the Cerazette Mini Pill but I was only on it for 2 weeks to calm my AF down a bit , Anyway we have still had no luck :(
anyone got any tips for me ?

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Are you charting at all at the moment, and have your cycles been regular for the last few months?

It's not uncommon for it to take couples longer than 4 months to conceive, so as frustrating as it is I wouldn't worry :hug: Hope it happens for you soon :dust:

Yes my cycle is the 21st of every month and is 4 days long :(

I am taking folic acid aswell but still no luck with that

Folic acid doesn't help you get pregnant but reduces the risk of neural tube defects when you do get pregnant :)

One thing you can do if you're not already is start charting your cycles to work out when you're ovulating, so you'll know when your most fertile period is. Even just studying cervical mucus, or taking your temperature every morning (at the same time every day and before you do anything else) and you should start to see a pattern, with a temperature rise after ovulation - your temperature should then stay higher until your next cycle :)

Hi charlene,

Me and my partner took nearly 12 months to conceive, and it was only when we stopped "trying" that it happened. We had actually just decided to leave it for a bit as it didn't seem to be working and were planning on looking at medical intervention in another 12 months time. I'm probably wrong as I've no doubt there's no evidence to base this on other than my own experience, but if you try to relax and have fun with it then you never know, it might help!

You can also get ovulation kits - you could try using one and then have a go when they you're at your most fertile? Or chart your temp as Sam's Mum suggests, I'm sure there are lots of women on here who can help :)

Good luck!!

Thankyou , Might just stop trying for a bit , my body might not be back to normal yet , The Cerazette Did say it could take 3 to 6 months to concieve :( So i'll just stop trying and enjoy :bd: Then i Might just get some Luckiness eh :)

I'm going to start taking something to help , any advice what's best to take?

When did you come off cerezette? i came off it at the end of october had slight spotting on 1st december and then AF was 17 days late and didnt show up untill 17th january!
I was convinced i was pregnant had really sore boobs, nausea and was even sick a couple of times! :wall2::wall2:
Went to the doctors and they told me it could all be side effects from stopping the pill, so we are now in month 4 of TTC

good luck x

Thankyou , Might just stop trying for a bit , my body might not be back to normal yet , The Cerazette Did say it could take 3 to 6 months to concieve :( So i'll just stop trying and enjoy :bd: Then i Might just get some Luckiness eh :)

I'm going to start taking something to help , any advice what's best to take?

I think it means that it can take 3-6 months to get your cycles back to normal after coming off it, as 6 months of trying is not unusual for any couple.

I hope things are back to normal soon

I took Agnus Castus tablets after coming off Depo Provera the contraceptive injection, this was way before we started TTC and it brought my periods back within 3 months as I had been waiting for months and months for them to return. You might want to check with a sympathetic gp about it to see if you can still TTC whilst taking them :)

My cycles back to normal now :wall2: Has been for 3 months :mad: but still No BFP'S

just wanted to say hi and good luck on your ttc journey x

All I was saying is that 3 months isn't long to have been trying though, so I wouldn't worry :)

Just annoys me how all these teenagers do it once and there you go they got a baby 9 months later lol.

Is it easier for them or something , it must me:wall2: lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back