Not sure what to do..

I finish work on the Friday 31st May..

But i went to work last friday and only lasted 2hrs! My PGP is getting outta hand and i was in so much pain sat down or stood up.. I work on a PC so standing and bending wasnt an option. I have a pillow aswell to sit on and still paracetamol just didnt help.

Thing is im due back in 2moro for my final 4 days until Mat leave!

I no work can start it early but thats only if im in my last 4 weeks which wouldnt be until next week.
Im still in pain this weekend. And i dont want to go in tomorrow if it means lasting a few hrs and going home again!
Wondering if i should self cert for the week or go to drs as they have given me sick notes in the past without self certing.
I dont wanna seem like a dramatic cow, spesh as i only have 4 days left.. and just being 35wks.. But i dont think i can hack the final week :(
I dont want to bring my mat leave anymore forward..

Work are guna hate me!!

Girlys what would u do??
PGP is just to much :( xx

you have to listen to your body and do whats best for you :D you did the right thing.
dont know if every company works like this but if you look in your nhs book it says the earliest date a workplace can make you take your maternity leave is 4 weeks before your due date xx

Yeah thats what they do in mine hun 4weeks before.
That'll be from monday and my sick note is till tues lol! So they might just leave it as next week im off on maternity leave anyway! And contacting HR is a nightmare so they might not bother changing it just for the 2 days..
BUT they can be quite funny sometimes so i wouldnt put it past them!

TBH i dnt care anymore! If they do it means i get my week leave back anyway that ill just tag on the end so either way i think it works out about the same when i return xxxx

yeah my workplace can be quite funny as well thats why when i planed my maternity i booked 6 weeks holidays in before my due date so my maternity doesnt actually start until on my due date.
you have done brill lasting this long hun you must of had a brill pregnancy anyway :D i finished and went on the sick about 3-4 weeks ago cuz of me back! :( so well done xx

Ah thanks ladies! im a big moaner in general so everyone has had a guts full of my extra pregnancy whinges haha! :)

Time to relax! xx

Oooh lucky you Babyslog - I've still got 4 and a half weeks to go but so ready to finish now :-( Enjoy your time at home being a lady of leisure and make sure you get plenty of rest :) xx

Thanks hun :)

I just ironed Noahs baby grows and going home outfit for his hosp bag.. i washed them and put them back in his bag and just remembered how creased the looked!
So thats another thing ticked off my list! :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back