not pooing on the toilet......

chezzabell

Reaction score
my wonderful teenage daughter, sorry i mean my stroppy 3 yr old!!!! will not poo on the toilet, santa took her potty away and since then she will just not poo on the toilet she will have a wee, on the toilet but not a poo!!!

Can anyone help PLEASE?????

the toilet can seem v big and splashy iykwim :wink: have you tried shoving a load of toilet paper down before she goes - it makes it smaller and less scary

Beth was the same at that age. She wouldnt poo in the potty either. She usedf to freak out and start shouting "poo!!" and i had no choice but to put some pull - ups on her....then she'd go and hide somewhere to have her poo but the pull ups had to be taken straight off again when she'd done it it!

I didnt know what to do, so i did nothing about it, then one day, when she was having a wee on the toilet, she just did one, all on her own! Obviously we made a HUGE fuss of her and she just carried on doing all her business on the loo! :dance:

I'll never know what her problem was, but she pretty much sorted it herself, so i wouldnt worry too much :D She wont do it forever :hug:

My son was like this, and it took until he was about three and a half to sort it. He just refused to poo on the toilet, but he would wee, no probs :shock:

The psychologist (he was already receiving help due to behaviour probs at school) said that some kids have probs with poo because it is something that they think of as "theirs" :shock: and dont want to "let it go". :puke:

The only way to go is like sazzylou says, just let it ride and one day she will do it - then big fuss!

:hug: :hug:

Lisa

My dd was the same, What worked for us was giving her a little towel she could wrap herself in. It gave her the bit of security she needed. After a few months she took a book instead.

Try telling her very loudly and proudly every time you go for a poo.....make it like "mummies just going to have a poo on the toilet!" and be really pleased with yourself. Have a star chart for yourself, and give yourself a star everytime you have a poo and tell her that at the end of the week you count up the stars and then buy yourself a nice treat. Ask if she would like one aswell. Wont be long before she wants to be just like mummy and poo on the toilet :)

Also have you got a childs loo seat? These can be really helpful.

does she have a child toilet seat on there? as others have said it's probably the splashing that frightens her

ahhhh this thread has made me feel sooooo much better!!
Dior turned 3 last month and has been weeing o the loo for the pst 9months so problem never once wet her knickers and only has 1 nappy on at night time, but that is the only time she will pooh! she will not pooh on the loo and freaks out when i try and get her to, i have tried everything but she will just cry for a nappy. today i was trying again so she went and put a nappy on herself and hid under her blanket to do it :lol:

i'm hoping it will pass :pray:

dior has never used a potty though she went straight on the tolit with a little seat and her own step :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back