Not in ribs

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Still having this paranoia about baby not kicking me in the ribs - so many of you on here talk about baby being up in your ribs etc but I haven't had this...

When I wake up in the morning and lie on my back, I can feel something (bum, head - not sure!) right up by my ribs but when I get up and move around, it moves down. All my movements are around my belly button and out to the right side. At last mw appt baby was head down with their spine facing to the front, left side so it makes sense to me that their feet are kicking out to the side...

Anyone else not experiencing the rib thing!?

My LO has been in the same position as yours for weeks, I feel alot of kicks on right hand side too, but wouldn't say I've felt any directly in my ribs. Would say it may depend on how much room they have in there. I'm 5'8" so would think LO would have more room than a shorter person x x

I honestly wouldnt miss it if my baby was to stop kicking me in the ribs lol, it can be very uncomfy and and even painful at times. It still could happen for you and its probably just the way your baby is lying but i honestly wouldnt worry about it, imo your actually quite lucky!

Thanks Vixxie. I'm only 5ft 6" but do have a long torso (that sounds weird!) so that could be it! I don't want the rib pain but just checking!

I can feel a bum wedged up by my ribs but all my kicks are on left side around belly button level. When LO has a big wriggle I can feel bum against my ribs and its not very nice and makes driving pretty uncomfortable. Not up there all the time though.

Lizzie's been in the same position as your LO for a while now too, so all my kicks are out my right hand side. Sometimes have a bum moving around above my belly button but seems to be low enough to avoid ribs.
Am still getting the rib pain though because everything else is pushed up, but it's ongoing pain rather than sudden baby kicks so I'm not complaining (too much)!

I dont get it in the ribs either... my movements are all hands down below and bum about 5 inches above my belly button. xx

Ive been having a few movements in the ribs but nothing major appartently the ba's bum is right at the ribs!! As long as you are getting plenty of movements you are fine huni xx

I only had rib kicks with my eldest...not sure y I didn't have them wiv the 2nd cos he was nearly 1lb and a half bigger lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back