Not impressed with a phone call I just had!

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Some energy person just rang me, gosh I didn't even listen to the company name as Harlow was have a dicky fit in my arms so was struggling to hear on the phone.

Anyway, he says to me that the property we live in needs to have an energy review or something so they need to come to it and will take 40 minutes. I said to him on the phone when are they thinking about doing this and he says this week sometime at 1pm. I said, no sorry its not convenient, I have a newborn baby as you can hear and I am not comfortable with people being in my house. Told him she is hands on and needs my constant attention so they are not welcome. He got ratty with me and told me that this is to be done by law!

So I said, right ok, well if you turn up and my lil girl is playing up you will be asked to leave! Simple as! He was ok with this but WTF!

Surely if I do not want people being in my home I have my rights?????

I do not want people here when I am all alone with a newborn ! They are strangers!

Oh and I forgot to write above, he must have realised I was wary as he told me they have identification they can show me. So what! Still not comfortable!

Sorry just needed to moan!

x

WTF - I'd say, well if it has to be done by law then send the police round with you. Its rediculous the way these companies treat ppl. Even if it was "the law" they could still have been a bit more compasionate & arranged it for a cpl of months down the line. I've never heard of an energy review. Was it defo not your gas/energy provider? If it wasn't them i'd just not bother, if it was them, i'd fone up & ask exactly what they will be doing, no doubt there will be some plan to hassle you to get loft insulation or something like that.

What is it with ppl

xxxxxxxx

Let them come and just ignore the door!! Surely it has to be when it's convenient for you? If they are going to make any noise and you're trying to settle LO I know I wouldn't be happy!! Ella is very weary around strange men with deep voices too! X

Sounds like this man's pulling a fast one. You can use as much or as little gas/electric as you want no laws relating to that whatsoever. Probably want to sell you something or switch your energy provider.

I keep getting these accident claim people ringing me about a car crash I had last year almost every afternoon. I tell them to take me off their call lists and they just ignore me. The dumbest part is I drove into them not them into me!

even the police need permission or a court order to enter your home unless they have just cause so no he cant insist you let them in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back