Absolutely fuming!! GRRR

Yvonne

Reaction score
Jack is now 5 days old, been seeing the midwifeeveryday and they have said he has jaundice, so the day after i came home he only had it mild, a different midwfire came the day after and made out he was seriously poorly and he was really yellow etc and panicked me rotten- so they sent another out yesterday to check if he needs ultra violet light etc, when she came she said she couldn't tell he had it and if he did it was only mild and wrote in the notes he was a "pink colour". My original midwife came again today and said he definately was jaundice!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know who to believe, he does look slightly yellow but i have been told different everyday from he hasn't had it all the way to he needs hospital treatment!!! :x

Also, i have had a seriously bad pain in my right side, the first day they said it was after pains (which is fair enough) then i got told it was trapped wind, now today she says my uterus is infected as it is tender to touch (which it always has been) and i have to go to the emegency docs this afternoon to get it checked!!!

Why can't they all do their job and say the same thing????!!!! :(

hannah had jaundace really bad when she was in scbu and had phot therapy but when she came out she still had it slightly amd doctor at hosptal told me to lie her in her nappy in front of patio doors i her bouncer so she got lots of light on her and if it was warm enough (which i know its not) to do it outside because it's the natural light yhat breaks down the billy ruben

Jack has been sat in the sun light today. Amy had jaundice aswell so i knew he had it with the colour of his skin, but each midwife is telling me different so i don't know if it is bad or not :(

I have been to the doctors and he said my uterus is very infected and very swollen, he has given me antibiotics, co-codamol and ibruprofen for the pain. From what he said it's quite bad.

I just wish someone would give a straight answer :roll:

That's the problem I have as well, we had a nurse come on Friday afternoon and said that we should go to the hospital as we couldn't get a doctor's appointment until Monday because of jaundice. Luckily it was a kid's clinic but we had to wait ages and the doctor that examined Kai said that we really needn't of come and instead of waited until Monday but it was reassuring to know he is ok.

I am sick of the conflicting advice, I am just trusting my instincts now.

that is what happened with my stitches. 1 midwife said they looked really well and the other sent me in mergency to the doc and i had antibiotics. Happened it did not clear the infection as it ia still here and am on another lot of antibiotics!!!

Those people :twisted:

It's annoying when you rely on them for help and they can't give it to you!!

It is a bit of a difference saying it's trapped wind then finding out it's a major infection- they are not even on the same level!!

Hope both you and baby Jack are feeling better soon. Its crap when you get conflicting advice, I get loads about breastfeeding and am still non the wiser today x

i had the same - all conflicting advice - and when you are a first time mum it is quite scary. i was told i might have an infecxtion one day then then next daya different midwife said it was probably my bladder the other midwife as feeling! as she didn't let me go to the toilet brfore checking where my uterus was - in the end i told them not to come round and i would phone them if there was any problems....

i'm sick of this - all the different opinions and attitudes. Sometimes i think you get more valuable information on the internet and from other mothers than from medical staff!!

Hope they sort themselves out soon!! x

Well after a full day of anti biotics and pain killers plus 1 lot this morning i was in more pain than yesterday. So 4 lots of Antibiotics and 4 lots of solphadol pain killers i was worse!!

I rang my actual GP ( iwent to the emergency one yesterday) and asked her what she thought and whether i had been given the right tablets- she asked me to take a urine sample down to her straight away and she would check it for infection to rule it out, anyway it was clear so it is definately an infection in my uterus. So i have to go and see her in the morning if it is just as bad and she will give me a thorough examination.

My uterus has contracted back to normal now, so it is still doing what it is supposed to.

poor you, you r having it bad hope things start to improve quickly

To be honest with you Mary i don't know why i am suprised it has happened, nothing went smoothly in pregnancy but i had a great birth ( bar slight bleeding) so something had to end the whole ordeal in style for me!!! Lol :lol: :lol:

as you know nothing went good for me after i had hannah either but she is worth evrything i went through and i'm sure you will feel the smae

I don't regret having Jack one bit.

I just wish i could stop having pain and enjoy my kids. i had SPD all the way through which was very restricting movement wise, all those niggly pregnancy pains towards the end that everyone gets and i was looking forward to all that ending so i could crawl all over the floor with Amy and play with her and her toys- but now i have this infection and am struggling to walk and move let alone play :( :(

I should be ok by weekend so fingers crossed i can get on like normal, oh and i move into my new house on monday so i could do with being able to do a few bits!! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back