Breast to bottle - URGENT help required!!!

LucyBee

Reaction score
My brother and sister-in-law arrived yesterday from America for Christmas. They have a 2 yr old boy and a 5 month old girl, Ivy.

Ivy has been breastfed since birth but my SIL is trying to wean her on to the bottle and it's especially urgent now since it means that she can't go out and leave Ivy with my Mum unless she takes the bottle.

Anyway, she WILL NOT take the bottle. My SIL has tried loads of different bottles and teats but she's having none of it. It takes about 3 hours to get her to take 2oz from the bottle!! She will take the bottle in her mouth but just plays with it and bites it.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas that I can give my SIL to get Ivy to take the bottle??? She is pretty desperate and I can see how frustrating it must be for her.

Thank you all
L xxxx :hug:

sorry im not gunna be much help but millie was exactly the same, i must've spent a fortune on different bottles and teats, in the end she had it out of a training cup but i dont know if ivy is old enough yet. However ryan took to a bottle straight away. Has your sister tried the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles? they are the ones i use with ryan and he loves them. sadly they werent around when millie was born :roll: good luck let us know how she gets on xx

Just get her to take it from a cup :) they can have them from 4 months... Tia was given formula only from a cup... also cold not warm, because I didn't want to completely wean her so wanted to keep the distinction. but try a beaker spout (like advent do) or a plain beaker...:)

I'd suggest a different teat but you already tried that... I would gave suggested one for th next age range up as that's how Ryan was with his newborn teat and he was too old for it so a 3m+ one did the job for him.

Cup is good though time consuming...

I think there are boob bottles... can't remember where to get them but Melanie had one I think, in the shapeof a boob basically. I'll PM her for you x

I just got the PM from Leckershell.

Thea wouldnt take a bottle of expressed milk. We got a boobie bottle and she took to it so much better, she still would only ever have it if i wasnt there but that was fine because thats what it was for lol.

Its not cheap though but have a look on ebay you might get one there.
http://www.totsmart.co.uk/products/brea ... t=products
Its called the Adiri breastbottle nurser.

BRILLIANT!!!!

Thank you sooooooooooooo much girls.

I'm going to suggest she tries the cup and also try and get one of the booby bottles. Do you know if Mothercare sell them? I'm guessing not since you sent me the link.

Can't thank you enough girls. You are all fantastic!

:hug: :hug: :hug: Lucy xxxx

Dylan has just started taking tippe cup with soft teat now he is 8 months refused before ..one thing i read but never tried is warm the teat as it makes it seem more loike the real thing.

Also ia she expressing as LO may not like formula ..i

Brody struggled too but it was the teats that really helped.

We got the MAM ones that are flatter and feel more like skin.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back