Not Feeling sick - can someone reassure!

Jimmer

Reaction score
Ok, apologies for what I hope is worrying about nothing, but if not to appease all fears, what are we here for!!
My wife is not feeling sick - she has been feeling very sicky for a couple of weeks, but hasnt now for a day or so, and is getting worried that she isnt feeling sick.

Can somone reassure me as to how often we can expect it to come and go?
Thank you all

Hi Jimmer, i think it varies from woman to woman some of my friends havent felt sick at all through their pregnancies whereas i have most days but when my sickness has gone for a day or two ive just concentrated on my other usual symptoms like having headaches, sore breasts, going to the toilet more frequently, being very tired, being abit constipated (sorry 2much info!) and as people say the only time to really worry is if theres any bleeding and pains, so try not to worry yourselves im sure alls ok :hug:

veryone is different but i think she will fluctuate with her symptoms. last week my boobs didnt hurt hardly at all but for the past 2ish weeks they were killing, they still dont hurt as much but i have days when they are painful again. Unless she has really bad cramps and bleeding i would try not to worry hun! :D

all my symptoms including sickness come and go all the time. Some days I'll feel sick all day then I won't have any nausea at all for a few days then it will come back again. I find that if I let myself get hungry then that's when I start to feel sick so if I follow advice and eat little and often I don't get any sickness at all so it could be that she's just eating right to stop it.

It's the same for my sore bbs.....they've not hurt for a couple of weeks but this past 24 hours they've been painful again.

I sometimes go for a few days where I've had no symptoms whatsoever but I keep re-assuring myself that if something was wrong then I'd probably start to bleed so if that's not happening then I must be one of the lucky women who has an easy pregnancy.

Based on how bad some peopel get sickness I tell her to thank her lucky stars that she's not having any... :rotfl:

Jimmer,

I have not had any morning sickness at all (touch wood). So, I agree with Chrissy, she should thank her lucky stars, I certainly am!

I've not had any sickness and have been waiting for it all the way until now! I've had a couple of feelings of motion sickness recently that lasted a couple of minutes but other than that nothing. I worried before as I had hardly any symptoms but found from looking at lots of different sites that it is actually more common than people realise to not have any nausea- I guess its just not exciting to tak about non-symptoms! Tell your wife to try not to worry and if anything enjoy the fact she doesn't have to worry about being sick- it may come back with a vengence soon!

handbagqueen said:
I've not had any sickness and have been waiting for it all the way until now! I've had a couple of feelings of motion sickness recently that lasted a couple of minutes but other than that nothing. I worried before as I had hardly any symptoms but found from looking at lots of different sites that it is actually more common than people realise to not have any nausea- I guess its just not exciting to tak about non-symptoms! Tell your wife to try not to worry and if anything enjoy the fact she doesn't have to worry about being sick- it may come back with a vengence soon!

I guess we are the lucky ones!!

Hi, i found that some days i felt sick, others i didn't (it seems to have passed now). every pregnancy is different and every woman is different so i wouldn't worry about it. I do understand her worries as i have been the same, i don't think you totally relax until you have had a scan. If your wife is really worrying herself sick then get her on here as there is a lot of support for us all to give her and we all have similar feelings so we know exactly what she is going through. She is lucky to have a very caring husband! Hope this helps and take care xxx

Well, thank you all. Great reassurance (how great is this site!!!! :cheer: )

Erm, happily??? she started feeling wonderfully??? sick last night again. Good grief - just this pregnancy thing is exhausting. And it is only a few weeks!!! LOL!!!!

Hope your wife is ok.

As mentioned above, it can come and go and somestimes dissappear completely or in lucky case like me, doesn't happen at all!

In the early stages I did find the though of some foods or the smell of some would make me feel ill, and still now don't think I could hold down a curry :puke: x

hey chick :wave:

during my first tei i didnt have any puking...felt a bit sick some mornings, then on last day of first tri had proper sickness that morning. :wave:

i worried that something was wrong when i felt ok, but we're proof that there was nothing wrong!!

I still don't really feel sick... am really surprised. But hey, everyone is different and I have read that only 50% of women get sickness on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back