Austin's not well :-(

maybebaby

Reaction score
He's got a tummy bug & has had diarrhoea for 2 days. He's having 6-7 dirty nappies a day and has a really sore bum so I'm having to shower him off after each nappy because he screams when I touch him bottom. He's been sick as well - proper grown up sick :( and he's gone off food & milk. We went to the doctor yesterday & he said to just keep giving him water & juice, and try sugar water if he doesn't want to eat.

I hate him being ill, he just wants to cuddle & sleep at the moment & I feel so helpless. :(

awww poor Austin!! It's awful when they are ill isnt it :(

Hugs to him and you! :hug:

Poor little chap. Hope he is better soon. Lx

aww poor little man! if his bum is sore try some Metanium (sp) that is good, my sis swears by it, i hope he is feeling better soon.xx

my little man has had his first frown up tummy bug too! It only lasted 2/3 days but he's still off food but taking milk now.

And now I've caught it too ;(

xrachx said:
aww poor little man! if his bum is sore try some Metanium (sp) that is good, my sis swears by it, i hope he is feeling better soon.xx

Yes this is very good stuff.

Hope Austin feels better soon. :pray:

Oh dear, poor lil boy!! How is he now? I'm so worried about Harrison getting one, I don't wanna catch it! :(

He's still really bad, he's not any better & I'm a bit worried because he hasn't been able to keep anything down except water & a bit of dry bread for 2 days now. We went to the doctor on Monday & he said just keep him topped up with water as he can cope without food for a few days & they only really worry about dehydration.

He's sleeping in our bed at the moment because he won't go in the cot & wakes up coughing 6 or 7 times a night. Last night we gave him a bit of milk before bed and he was sick all over the bed at 2:30am! We had to bath him & change the sheets & he was really upset. I'm so glad he was in with us though because he was still asleep when he was sick & I don't like to think what may have happened if he'd been in his cot :(

He was sick again this morning after having a tiny bit of bread for breakfast, but he had a tiny bit more for lunch and a little bit of potato for dinner & he's kept that down. The diarrheoa seems to be getting better too, we've gone from 7-8 dirty nappies a day to 3. His bum's cleared up really well too, my mum gave me some cream she swears by (can't remember the name right now) and it seems to have done the trick.

I just don't know what to do, he hasn't eaten properly since Sunday morning and doesn't seem any better but the doctor didn't seem to think there was anything he could do, he said unless I'm worried he's getting dehydrated we just have to wait & he'll get better in time.

Sorry for the essay post! I just hate my boy being ill, I wish wish wish I could swap places with him :cry:

Aww poor Austin :hug:

Maybe you could try giving him some dirolyte? help him rehydrate a bit.
Have you tried giving him some babyfood? like the first or second stage jars see if he manages to keep some of that down. Thats what a friend if mine did with her son when he had a tummy bug.

My sister mentioned dirolyte to me today, I'd not heard of it before :oops: I think I'm going to take him to the chemists tomorrow and see if they can suggest anything.

He was having trouble keeping bread down today so I'm going to avoid anything else until he's had at least 24 hours vomit free. Baby food's a good idea though, I never thought of that because he's been BLW so we never used it :) is it pretty bland?

yeah babyfood is pretty bland. How is he today?

Awwww no, poor Austin!! How is he today?
Libby had this a while ago, think she picked a bug up :( It lasted about 5 days before she was eating properly again, she drank dioralyte and managed to keep that down, but other than that she didn't have anything - we also had a middle of the night sicky episode including bath & bed change, so I know how you feel on that one!!

I hope he is back on top form soon. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

He's eating a bit better now, he hasn't been sick since yesterday morning and only had one nappy explosion today so far.

He's still not himself though, he's just grizzling or sleeping most of the time. Really hoping it's on the way out though.

Thank you for all your comments

He's eating a bit better now, he hasn't been sick since yesterday morning and only had one nappy explosion today so far.

He's still not himself though, he's just grizzling or sleeping most of the time. Really hoping it's on the way out though.

Thank you for all your comments

Glad he's feeling a bit better, poor thing. I bet you're exhausted. :hug:

Valentine Xxx

Glad he's feeling a bit better, poor thing. I bet you're exhausted. :hug:

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members