• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not always coping...can anyone relate? (Long)

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))) :hug: :hug: :hug:

I admire you for coming forward and admitting you feel this way, its a big step to make admitting there is a problem and that we cant cope with our gorgeous babies, it seems some people in society are too judgmental and that just isnt fair !!!!! :cry:

I cant say anymore emmylou that anyone else hasnt already said and my heart goes out to you as im going through exactly the same thing myself (your post was me to a tee) :cry:

Your a very brave lady and a fabulous mummy :hug: :hug: :hug:

I would recommend seeing the hv or even better get her to come to your home, Ive got mine coming out thursday afternoon, im so scared of what shes gonna say, :cry: :cry:

Hope you get the help you need darlin, let us now how you are keeping :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

not been on to see this post sounds like you should go talk to someone...I know that little girl adores you..I see it every time i see her but if you don't always feel it it is different.

you can call me anytime you want to chat

:hug:

Hugs ladies to you all!!

Thanks to everyone who has replied, I am glad I have posted this, not only as good therap for me, but also as I think it is important for everyone of us to know we are normal, human & that we will reach a point where we do find things hard, and NEED to ask for support instead of trying to just battle through and feel miserable about the way things are.

M - Love ya too hun, thanks for your message it means a lot. I know I have you girls, and everyone else to turn to I appreciate your kind words hun, you are a superstar!

Amy (Redshoes) that really is a really lovely post, I have had tears in my eyes, and smiled at the same time. I really can't thank you enough, not only for its help to me, but to the help to the other ladies who are also suffering like me trying to be a perfect mummy and realising that is an impossible task, and feeling down about that. You are right in everything you have said there.

Kay, lots of love & luck for Thursday, please let us know how you get on. I haven't called HV yet :oops: as been out for shopping therapy with my friend all day today, which has been bl*dy marvellous, I think I'm going to go to clinic tomorrow, get Libby weighed and ask HV about whether I can make an appointment for her to come round to see me at the new house even though it is out of her are, as she is lovely and its worht an ask. If she can't I'll ring the number I have to get a new HV and get one of them to come out.

Lucybee, you have made such a marvellous step!! I think I might ask if there is anything similar here, for me initially, but I feel I would really like to be there for other mums in the future when i'm out of the woods with this. It is such an isolating thing, thinking you are 'the' mummy who is struggling, when in fact, as we see here, it is a very common thing. I hope you get a place on the support group soon and feel the benefits that it will bring.

Ladies, we are human, that is what I am realising, I have done minimum amount of work, and really tried to embrace being me, not just a mummy & a businesswoman, but me. Libby has been great the last couple of days too, really smiley & playful I feel almost like she is trying to reassure me :hug: :hug:

You seem miles better and tons more positive. I don't get on here much because I don't get time but I have been using the forum on and off since I was ttc and I know that its always here when I need it and I try and give advice aswell as receive it. You've had some wonderful replies to this thread and everyone is so supportive. You're right about trying to be "you". I've really lost touch with "me" since I had Isaac. It changes woman when they become a mum in a way that it doesn't affect dads and I think thats why men aren't very sympathetic and you need to speak to other mums. I don't know my bum from my elbow anymore when it comes to me, I hate all my clothes, my hair, my figure, my double chin, I could go on...but when I cuddle Isaac and he squeezes me tight and giggles it all just doesn't matter and I could frump around looking like pauline fowler and Isaac would still love me. Not sure my OH would be over the moon though :think:

Glad you are feeling better.

Lou :D

:hug: :hug: :hug:
aww cant really advise em but i hope ur feeling better soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members