Six weeks and just coping

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
hey girls...

How do you all feel about motherhood, you new mums? Do you feel like the things people told you like "your life will change drastically", "your relationship will never be the same again", etc have come true?

Naomi will be six weeks old tomorrow. It's hard to believe. She now sleeps up to seven hours in the night without waking for a feed, which is brilliant.

However, I still find it very hard to cope with her crying, especially when I don't have her feed ready and she has to wait for oh, say, ten minutes or so. I can't hack her crying at all and get all pressurised and jittery. I also have a hissy fit when people call around and I don't have the house clean. Feelings of not being able to cope and wanting to shout at the baby when she wakes up and starts screaming even though you have changed her, fed her, held her till she fell asleep, winded her when she woke up again, held her till she fell asleep again etc. happen more often now. Of course i would never shout at my little bundle but I am horrified at feeling angry with her for something she cannot help. As my FIL says, they only have one weapon!

Does anyone else feel this way? It's getting easier I know, but the crying really affects me badly and I feel so guilty when I have a thought like that. I feel like a bad Mom, and I know how silly that is too.

Sue

Does anyone else feel this way? It's getting easier I know, but the crying really affects me badly and I feel so guilty when I have a thought like that. I feel like a bad Mom, and I know how silly that is too.

Don't worry. I was a shit the other night when Ella woke up and Matt said he'd never hit me but I almost drove him to it as I was so moody with Ella. I don't think he realises how demanding I find it sometimes :? I felt really guilty the next day and although I didn't shout at her or hurt her I felt terrible at getting so stressed out as she couldn't help it :oops:

I think its normal to feel like it, motherhood is pretty overwhelming!

Crying affects me a lot aswell, but this is why a cry sounds like it does...it's designed to go straight through you, it's just nature's way of getting your attention :)

Yeah I got told off by OH for getting annoyed with Rubie once too, but they don't realise how draining it is being responsible for them 24/7, especially when you breast feed. All the feelings you are having Sue are normal and we have all felt them. I never believed it at first but it does get better. I used to lie in bed in a morning and literally would not get up until my mum came round to help, I just didn't know where to start and couldn't face the day. Now I manage to at least get out of bed and open the curtains before my mum gets here lol :wink:

HI girls

I get that way about once a weeka nd everyone tells me its normal but i still feel really bad as well.
I remember the first week kiara was born she cried and i could not get her to sleep so bernie hads woke up and i was in tears and once he woke up i handed her off and walked out of the room ofr 5 min to get a breather.
It does become very stressful for us and it will get better we just gotta hang in there i guess.
take care and i hope i8t gets better.
katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back