Dizzy Spells

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Right, I'm not worried...but :) I had a lot of dizzyness early on and I thought I was over that. Last Thursday in the office and again today in Tesco I felt quite light headed, almost like I was going to pass out. I had just had something to eat both times so didn't think it was blood sugar dropping. I also had a bit of a nosebleed this morning which is very rare for me. Any ideas? Still feeling a bit dizzy but wondered if it could jsut be tiredness. I'll maybe get one of the nurses at work to check my blood pressure when I'm in tomorrow. hmm?

Sorry megs, no ideas. Are you feeling run down? Hope your better soon!!!

Thanks Erin, Constantly feeling run down just now since I'm struggling to sleep through the pain. That's why i wondered if it was maybe tiredness. I also wondered about iron levels. I suppose I should really go to the GP, I've only just registered with my new one so it'll be my first trip.

hehe, I just noticed my ticker baby has very funky eyebrows :)

Best to get these things checked out think, sometimes if i get up i feel light headed but not usually when walking around. Sorry no advice apart from see your gp or mw x

LOL, it does! I reckon maybe just take a visit to meet your GP about this. They might be able to give you some advice. Nose bleeds say run down to me(I very rarely get them but do when i feel a bit crappy and tired) Its not going to be helping you getting only little sleep.. xx

Nosebleeds can be common in pregnancy due to all the extra blood going around I think. Ive been dizzy too really bad especially when I get up from a sitting position too quickly. Get your blood pressure checked though I would :)

How you feeling today - did you go to gp?

Hi Evajo, thanks for asking, I'm still feeling a bit off to tell the truth. Since I just moved GP surgery I've got to see the practice nurse first for all the routine checks, bp, urine spec, height and weight (not looking forward to that one!!), and the first appointment I could get that fits in with work is Wednesday coming. I'm still exhausted so going for a wee nap just now, I'm sure it can't be helping being awake most of the night then off to work. My manager is fantastic and letting me work very flexibly, just it's a problem that I am a keyworker and people aren't that understanding when I've had to rearrange for the 2/3rd time. Will have to get OH to pamper me this weekend!! :)
Rosie's Mummy- I had read that too about nosebleeds so wasn't too bothered, I suppose because it has jsut happened around the time of the dizzyness it's rang alarm bells. Sounds like you have a postural hypotension which is quite common and more like what I was getting early on. Now it's when I have been standing for a while, like after walking around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back