Not a good day!

keepontrying

Reaction score
So had my 15/16 weeks appointment today with a consultant:

My downs risk isnt back yet! (after almost 3 weeks)
I have ecoli infection in my bladder and have now been placed on long term (entire pregnancy) antibiotics that are not licensed for that purpose!
I have a high risk of hemorrhage .
I cant have an epidural.
if i need a c section it will be under general and i wont see my baby born.
my claim for incapacity benefit was rejected because I apparently earn too much (income is ZERO due to not qualifying for SSP) and not enough national insurance contributions (despite earning over 35-30k per yr for the past 14 years or more)
my mortgage and bills are due in a few days

Im royally PISSED OFF... i just want a nice 'normal' easy pregnancy that makes me happy.

HURRUMPFFF!:wall2:

Oh no, no wonder it wasn't a good day :(
Hope at some point you get some better news. x

Have you applied for ESA thats what I have to be on now?

That well and truly sucks! I really hope it all works out for you x don't really know what to say but sending you a big hug.... And a kick in the shins for everyone that's upset you today x

Leanne it was the ESA that i got turned down from!!! Im livid with the systems in this country - i know people that have not done one days work in their lives and they live entirely on benefits. I pay hundreds in tax and national insurance each month and the one and only time i need their help im left to battle on!!!!

So sorry you're going through all of this. Pregnancy is stressful enough already! Hugs!

Did they turn you down cos of what your OH earns? Not being nosy but I claim it so was just wondering. Have you tried DLA? I'm waiting for a decision but have been waiting for weeks and weeks. Its a total nightmare!!!!

Did they turn you down cos of what your OH earns? Not being nosy but I claim it so was just wondering. Have you tried DLA? I'm waiting for a decision but have been waiting for weeks and weeks. Its a total nightmare!!!!

I am the breadwinner as OH is training so technically unemployed. We have never claimed benefits for him as we have been ok financially plus it just was not what we wanted to do.....
I grew up in a non working benefit fiddling family so i have always been pretty staunchly against it, because for me there have is a stigma.

I cried my eyes out on the telephone yesterday to them and have an appointment today, I literally have nothing coming in, yet my outgoings are 1500 per month!!! Im so upset - I just need some support right now and i thought this is what our social security system was for??

I know how you feel hun. I have spent weeks being tearful and totally stressed about it all. I have to say all I get is £67 per week and I am the bread winner and I have to support my son to. I get it come through every fortnight although today its not even gone in yet so I have 27p in my purse and am running out of elec and gas as we have had to go on meters. I then get £54 child tax credit every week so am basically running the house on £110 per week!!!! That has to pay the bills, elec, gas, food, and today my son needs new school shoes. I feel for you hun. These poor babies are gonna be so stressed with what we are going through. x

:hug: the whole system is so wrong. Sorry you are having such a tough time xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back