had a cervical scan yesterday

gerb

Reaction score
in our area we get a cervical scan to asses for our risk of prematurity depending on the length of the cervix, i appear to have a long cervix and they say my risk of going into labour before 33weeks is 0.72%. think this is still in its trial stages so i know they dont do it everywhere yet. that means now i can sort out my last day at work and write to work and sort out my mat1b form. unfortunately due to low pay my last working day will be 31st october (im due 5th november) damn my cervix :rotfl: is anyone else working til the week theyre due- will i make it?? :rotfl:
they also assessed the uterine arteries which assesses blood flow to baby and placenta both of which were above the minimum level so ok, apparently this also assesses the risk of experiencing high bp in pregnancy and the risk of pre-eclampsia both of which i am low risk for which is good also!

thought id just post about this incase anyone else had to have it as it seems to be quite unusual so people know exactly what they did it for :)

Oh poor you having to work upto a week before!! Your a better person than me hun! I wouldnt make it past 30 weeks lol!
Im glad everything came back ok!! :cheer:

my best friend worked until a month from her due date. but a week?! you're stronger than me!

i dont know how accurate it is- tho i presume if they give u a percentage chance it must be fairly reliable? im not sure if ur cervical length changes between pregnancies tho there must be some changes as they do it at a certain time?
i wonder if it will become a standard thing in time? who knows

Hiya, I am very glad all went well with your scan! Nice and reassuring.

Because I have not been at my company long enough I am not entitled to maternity pay, only allowance and so I too am working until 5 days before my due date! :shock: Not too sure how I will cope as I am on my feet alot and have lots of walking to do so currently am trying to get as much done as possible so that in the last month I can justify being more in the office! Have to say am pretty worried but don't really have a choice. Am anticipating varicose veins any time soon!

Glad all was ok with the results. Ive never heard of this test.

Im planning on working a month before (2 weeks of that is holiday) and my obstertrician said that was pushing it. IF you really do find it hard though make sure you rest up. Your health is more important than money. YOu will manage somehow.

Claire x

thanks girls- i have 12days holiday left but i was planning on using them to make 6weeks of 3day weeks before the baby to 'ease' me into it!!
helsbels- good luck too with working til late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back