Downs Screening results not good.

I had the triple test done and my results came back as low risk for downs but high risk for spina bifida, had extra scans etc and eveything turned out fine. My friend had a high risk downs result and had amino etc and everything was fine. As someone said earlier the triple test brings up a lot of false positives and doesn't mean there is something wrong.

Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What I should have said is that in our area (staffordshire) they are doing a pilot. I haven't had a triple test, I had a normal dating scan, was weighed and asked about the weights of previous babies etc and six lots of bloods taken.

My consultant said so far, they have't missed a single case of Downs but she didn't say how many false positives they'd had.

Babylicious, I'll be thinking about you honey too, how long till you get your results?

I cant really offer any advice but thought i would give you a :hug: :hug: .

I haven't had a similar problem but just wanted to give you a :hug:

I had a high risk (1/55) with my first pregnancy. I was 37 then and opted for an amnio. Results were totally normal and I have a beautiful healthy daughter.

I had another amnio with this pregnancy as I'm now 44 :oops: but again, I had completely normal results.

I'm sure everything will be fine for you. Oh - and please don't worry about the amnio procedure. It's not as bad as it sounds. If you need any further info, just let me know :hug: :hug:

Happy wishes for a good result, remember the numbers are still a one is whatever chance and not anything like a 50/50 chance. :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope things work out ok- like other people said these tests are notorious for false positives. Hopefully everything will be fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope all goes well with the scan, thinking of you :hug:

would just like to say that i hope everything goes well for you.

keep us informed, were here to support you.

good luck xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope things work out ok- like other people said these tests are notorious for false positives. Hopefully everything will be fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope all goes well with the scan, thinking of you :hug:

would just like to say that i hope everything goes well for you.

keep us informed, were here to support you.

good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back