Nose measurement at scan

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Hey, heres a weird question I was just browsing the 1-12 forum and was reading about a ladies scan, and she said that the sonographer was trying to measure the babies nose as its part of the nuchal screening and check the heart cause of spine abifida?

At my scan the lady didnt try to measure my LO nose, does anyone know why they would want to measure it? I am intrigued. And also she didnt really check the heart either she just said look thats your babies heart beating... and that was it!

Anyone know anything about this?

I noticed that too hun :think: ,the fluid at the back of the neck was measured but deff not the nose :? ,they check the heart in a lot more detail at your 20 week scan hun :D xx

thats very interesting that site, so I can only assume they look for all that and not say anything... my sonographer didnt say much! Just 'All looks well' :rotfl:
I did'nt realise they looked for downs at your 12 week scan. Learn something new everyday!

Hi they didn't ckeck my LO nose or neck at 12 week scan, but i did read that they can detect certain conditions in babies. :D

very interesting!
to be honest i didnt notice anything he did at my scan! - i was wayyyy to much watching my bean and looking at my OH expression on his face! im crap me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back